Chapter 6-Movies

I had to change, before I go to the movies. I opened my closet and picked out a pretty good outfit if I say so myself. It was a long sleeve black shirt, gray shorts, and white flats. My hair was in a ponytail.

I kissed my dad on the cheek and said goodbye then I hopped in my car and drove to the movie theater.

By the time I got there it was 7:52.

Finn wasn't there yet and I wanted to be early to get snacks. I texted Finn and got on the line. I got 1 medium popcorn (for Finn he loves popcorn), Sour Patch gummies, M&Ms, Twizzlers, and Snickers. I paid and saw Finn walk through the doors.

"Hey, I got snacks, let's go to the theater." I came up to him.

"Oh wow thanks Rach. Spiderman?" He said.

"Sure I've actually wanted to watch that for some reason." I replied.

There were only 2 movies playing Spiderman and Beauty And The Beast, and I've seen Beauty And The Beast so many times.

We walked over to the theater to pay.

"On me." Finn said, giving the person money so we could go see the movie.

"Thanks." I replied. We walked into the theater and found great seats. The movie started. Finn was so into it. Tom Holland is kinda cute not gonna lie.

"I've been waiting for this to come out. I haven't been to this theater in a while." Finn said.

"Yeah, same. I'm glad I'm seeing it. These past weeks have been amazing. And tomorrow will be great." I told Finn.

"Yeah it will. They are so prepared thanks to you. And I am a pretty good teacher haha. I'm so glad the New Directions are back. I kinda made that clear. Haha." Finn said.

"It's cool. I've made it clear too. Haha." I laughed.

"I heard this place is closing down. I'm sad." Finn said.

"Wait what? I didn't know that. I love this place." Seriously, this place was my life before High School.

My Bat-Mitzvah was musical themed. I would always watch musicals here, in this theater. Although my Bat-Mitzvah had everything Broadway, I was a middle school girl in 7th grade so I had some High School Musical in the mix. I first watched High School Musical in this theater. I still watch it sometimes on my phone and stuff, but I've moved on lol. Guilty pleasure.

I remember that was a glee lesson that Sam and Blaine created. I graduated but I've heard of it. Kurt's is a boyfriend pillow. A few years back Kurt, Santana, and I all lived in an apartment together in New York City. I loved it, it was so much fun. Anyways one Santana and I saw Kurt sleeping with his pillow, Kurt gave us our own. He named mine Colin after the non-threatening boy in The Secret Garden because he knew I loved it. So yeah long story short I'll miss this theater and memories.

"Why do all the places with memories close down? Like glee club and this. Before we know it, Breadsticks." I said.

"Hey don't jinx it." Finn chuckled. I laughed. I didn't even realize there was a guy behind us.

He interrupted our conversation by saying, "I'm watching the movie. If you wanna talk, walk outside."

"Ok..." Finn replied to the guy, not knowing what to say." Finn turned his face back to the movie screen.

"Damn." I laughed. Finn nodded with his eyes wide. We watched the movie and I laid my head on his shoulders.

Butterflies were swarming around my stomach. I saw him smile. This moment only lasted for around 30 seconds before a loud sound came from the screen and ended the moment. My head moved from Finn's arms to the theater chair.

"So who are the judges?" I asked, referring to the show choir competition tomorrow.

"Uh, some party magician, Donna Landries, and  a nun." Finn informed me.

"Cool. What other schools?" I asked.

"Dalton ha. Crawford Country Day, the Dalton sister school, and the Unitards." He replied.

"How is the group number coming along? I've been focusing on the duets and singing." He said.

"Really good. I actually had Cheerios Kitty, Madison, and Mason do some cool things. But the choreography is good. And since sectionals are at the school Myron got permission to use some blue and white confetti. Nothing will beat Loser Like Me and how we used slushie cups then threw red and white confetti. But now we are throwing a lot of confetti and some cool smoke effects. We're going last so there isn't going to be confetti on the stage for the other groups." I told Finn.

"Oh wow. Nice. We have to win." Finn said.

"Do you think the revelry with Dalton is gonna stay? Cause if I'm correct he is a senior now since he was a freshman when we were seniors. Sebastian." I said.

"I don't know. I don't think they know about the enemies besides Kitty. So hopefully it's gonna be over." Finn answered.

"True. We all hated Sebastian." He was a terrible person.

"Remember when he edited me?" Finn asked, remembering the week of Regionals.

"Oh gosh don't remind me. And the slushie on Blaine, where he had to get surgery." I remember that so well. But the photo was like a present for our engagement but obviously it was teasing. Still can't get that image out of my mind.

Finn laughed and I ended up laughing along.

The guy sitting behind us spoke again, "Do I have to say it again? Be quiet!" Dang.

The movie was 2 hrs and 13 minutes long so once it ended we left the theater.

"Bye, Finn. Thanks for the movies." I said.

"Bye Rach. Thanks for the snacks. Haha." he replied. We hugged and walked to our own cars.

It was 10:13 but my dad's (Hiram Berry) is only like 12 minutes away so it's not a bad drive.

I'm getting very good at driving because I drive 24/7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home and my dad was fast asleep on the couch with a recording of Phantom Of The Opera still playing. He just fell asleep, not drunk or anything like that. He doesn't drink and he doesn't even drive. Only if it's an absolute emergency.

I went upstairs, changed into my pink pjs and went straight to bed.