Chapter 7-Alumni surprise

A/N: I love this chapter one of my fav

I was still in my pajamas but I helped my dad make breakfast. I love cooking, especially with my dads. It was better with the 2 of them but they are now divorced. I never found out why and although I'm curious I don't wanna ask.

I cut up strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, and put blueberries and grapes in the mix.

"Dad, I can't believe you're making all these breakfasts for me. Waffles then this. You don't need to." I said.

He kissed my forehead, "But I did so you better eat up."

"I will."

"Good." He handed me a plate and both of us ate breakfast together at the kitchen island.

"So, ya know when you're leaving? I don't want you to, I'm just wondering when." He said.

"Um, I canceled my flight this week and I just felt that I needed to stay here for a while. I dunno when. We'll see right?" I replied.

"Yup. To Rachel staying at Lima." My dad raised his mug with tea.

"To me staying at Lima." I said, raising my glass of orange juice. My dad and I touched our glasses together then took a sip of our drinks.

I went through my normal day, run, morning routine, stretch/yoga, coffee, the usual. I went shopping today. I guess that's different. That whole routine actually isn't boring at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was getting ready to go to glee club when I got a text from Finn. I was running late so I thought it was just a text saying it started or something like that. But no. The Cheerios had a mandatory practice with Coach Roz Washington and Sue was at the school watching. And other people had after school activities. It was okay though because we have an hour tonight before rehearsing and they are more than ready.

I wasn't actually mad and knowing Finn and Mr. Shue they would've fought but Finn felt the same way as me.

So I spent the rest of the day going out to lunch at some place new, but I forgot the name of the restaurant but I went with my dad (LeRoy Berry). I got dressed in a black short sleeve tight shirt, a pink skirt, and black heels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I headed to my old high school at 4:45 since sectionals is at 6, and we'll have time to prepare and I dunno Finn told me to come at 4:45. Once I parked I headed right inside. I saw Sue and Mr. Shue fighting over who knows what.

"Hey Mr. Shue and hi Sue." I said.

"Hey Rachel." Mr. Shue greeted me with a smile.

"Oh Rachel is back." Sue said.

"Aren't you supposed to be in DC?" I asked Sue.

"I wanna see the New Directions lose. As I recall, one time Finn taught the glee club a girl named Marley fainted on stage and you guys lost." Sue replied.

"Not this time, Sue." I said, in a sassy way and walked away.

I saw Finn in the hallway. "Hey, I just got here." I told him.

"Same, I didn't go into the choir room yet. Just got here, the tire shop was packed today." He told me.

We walked in the hallway for a few minutes.

"I'm really glad we were able to get them ready for tonight." Finn said.

"Yeah, I'm excited." I said.