Chapter 4-The right duet

Although my dad put some stuff for me in his house (aw so sweet) I got more makeup. I went into "my" bathroom and applied light makeup. I listened to music.

I put on another outfit, a white long sleeve shirt, a gray mid thigh skirt, black net stockings that go up to my knees, and black heeled mini boots. I think I looked good.

I was on a mission to make Finn my boyfriend. I think everyone in that group knows that he is my person.

I scrolled through Instagram and then heard a knock on my dad's front door.

I looked out the window and saw Finn by my front door. His car is a white Jeep. It's cool. My car is a gray Volvo. I grabbed a red velvet colored cross body bag and answered the door.

"Hey Finn, you know you didn't have to knock on the door. You could've honked but thank you." I said. I probably shouldn't have said that but whatever.

"Haha. Your neighbor was sleeping on the couch. I could see through the window. Felt bad honking. And I'm fine coming to your door." He replied.

I laughed and got into the passenger side of the car. It's true my dad's neighbor is sleeping. Everyone who passed by that house could see it.

"I like your dad's house. It's cool." Finn said. I guess it's nice. It's just a basic gray house with white shutters, but it has a lot of yard space.

"Yeah it's cool I guess. I do like my other dad's house better." I told Finn. My other dad's house is brick with a gray door and gray shutters. It's pretty big, for one man. He made a lot for me (other dad). He tried to recreate my childhood room as much as he could (so sweet). I have a whole bathroom and a cool basement. At my other dad's place I have my room and stuff but I just like the brick house better.

"Rach, I'm sorry about the divorce." Finn said.

"Yeah. I dunno why they separated. I thought they were really good together. I get scared of love sometimes. Ya know?" I replied. Finn nodded.

I'm pretty sure he didn't know what to say. We grabbed dinner at Breadsticks, again. Instead of talking about glee, we talked about all sorts of things.

It's official I'm in love with Finn Hudson.

But I changed the topic back to glee, "do you just teach glee or do you also sing?"

"I mean I sing in the shower and stuff. In my room. Wish I could go back to high school to perform again." Finn replied. I agreed.

Although I was on Broadway, I still wanna perform in sectionals, regionals, and obviously nationals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to his house.

"Anyways, what song should we sing for the duet?" He asked.

"Uh oh maybe No Air." I suggested.

"Great, I'll search up and print the sheet music." He said.

Finn grabbed his blue laptop and we sat on his bed scrolling through versions of the song. We needed our voice range to match. I'm a Soprano while Finn is a  Baritenor.

Finally after 20 minutes we found a duet version with our vocal range. It took so long because this song isn't a duet so we had to find a duet then find a duet that has our vocal range. Annoying.

"Remember this was one of the first songs in glee club? Sophomore year. So long ago. " Finn said.

"Yeah. Crazy time flies by." I replied.