Chapter 20

Third POV

"Are you really going to come back?" Benny asked over the phone. "Yes, I am. Erica told me that her, Rory and Olivia were planning to steal the blood truck. We can't let that happen." Ethan responded as he walked. Slowly due to Erica hanging off of him, her arms wrapped around his waist. "She...she just told you that?" Benny asked incredulously. "Of course she did. It's me. We have each other wrapped around our fingers." Ethan rolled his eyes

"Do not." Erica denied weakly. "Whatever you say Angel Cakes." Erica squealed internally. "Look. We need to find Rory and Liv and-"

"Sorry dude. You're on your own. See ya." Benny interrupted him then proceeded to hang up on him. Ethan huffed before spotting Sarah...and the vending machine that was currently on its side. "Uh, Sarah. Are you ooooh dear." He said when he realized the glass had been broken and every snack in the machine devoured. She was literally on the last bag of chips.

"Not. A. Word." She said, punctuating every word. Ethan nodded while Erica snickered.

With Benny

"So, what are you doing after this? How about after this we go...ahhhh." He trailed off in a panic when he noticed he was actually talking to the older(and arguably hotter) nurse. "I'm just here for the blood." She said strictly. Benny leaned up, looking behind her to see the other nurse, Annie(do we know the older nurse's name?) who smiled sweetly at him.

"Right. I'll just bleed then." He said awkwardly as he sat back. The nurse roughly pushed him back. "See. Now you're getting it. Sweetie." She smiled and jammed the needle into his arm.

Rory is seen stupidly sneaking around until he turns tge corner an almost runs into Ethan and gets spooked.

"Woah! I can't tell you anything. Erica and Olivia would kill me. Although, I've already said to much." He turned and almost ran into Benny, who was eating a cookie. "Dude! Not cool." He then walked away quickly while Benny looked at him weirdly.

"Didn't you say you already knew their plan?"

"Mhm."

"So that was just to mess with him?"

"Mhm."

"You know, you're mean sometimes."

"Mhm."

The two laughed quietly with each other.

"So, who do you think is the puppetmaster?" Benny asked. "Definitely Liv. Which means their plan for the blood is going to be convoluted." Ethan guessed. "Ok, so where's Sarah?" Benny asked and Ethan shook his head. "Still grappling with her hunger. She'll be no help. It's time we got our hands dirty." He smirked. "Well it's a good thing I brought hand sanitizer." Benny smirked as well, pulling out a small bottle of hand sanitizer. "You meant that metaphorically, didn't you?" He asked right after. "I feel like you knew that, and you just wanted to make that bad joke."

"Maybe."

Later, Ethan approached Rory at his locker.

"Dude, I told you. Lips sealed." Rory immediately said. "It's not about that." Ethan said dismissively. "If you could be anyone, for one day. Who would it be? Thor or the Hulk?" Rory almost seemed offended by the question. "Thor is a Norse GOD, who controls the skies and rains down lightning from the heavens. Hulk is a big green doofus with anger issues." Rory said. "If you're gonna ask me a question, at least try to make it hard." Ethan smirked and patted his arm. " Muchas garcias amigo." He said and walked away. Leaving behind a very confused blonde vampire.

Ethan met up with Benny a few feet away, somewhat hidden behind some lockers.

"Is the tracker in place?" He asked the taller boy. "We have eyes." Benny replied, showing a blinking red dot on his phone. "Well, never thought I'd sat this, but let's spend the day following Rory around."

Erica and Olivia approached Rory with Benny and Ethan hiding behind a wall. Ethan had sprayed Benny down with axe body spray to mask the scent of blood so Olivia wouldn't smell him.

"Dp you have a plan for the truck?" Erica asked, Olivia leaning on the lockers silently. "Yup! And it's tight, see." He said, holding up a board with various models and food on it. "Why did we bring him in on this agan?" Liv asked. "So we could be lazy." Erica replied immediately and her friend shrugged in acceptance. "So, I'm the marshmallow. The truck is the ship, you're the green M&M and Olivia is the cinnamon fed hot, because she's well, red hot." He flirted badly. "If you don't change that, I will confiscate your hand." The Dominican girl threatened. "Umm, Er-"

"Do you want me to tell Ethan you flirted with me?" Rory's eyes widened as he got a flashback.

Back Flash

"Hey, what would you do if I flirted with Erica?"

"Whip you until you bled then pour garlic infused holy water on the wounds."

End of Back Flash

"I'M...the cinnamon red hot." He corrected immediately. "And Olivia is the marshmallow." The girls nodded, satisfied with the amount of fear in his eyes. As Rory explained his plan, Ethan and Benny looked on, behind the girls and out of sight from Rory.

"Why...is Rory showing them his toys? And random pieces of food?" Benny whispered. "It's Rory. How often has be brought toys and food to my place?" Benny nodded. "Fair. Plus, looks like he was just doing Olivia's laundry." Ethan didn't look too convinced. "Hey, the clinic is closing, wanna come over and play Robo-Zombie? I used a cheat code to unlock a new brain grade!" Benny proposed excitedly.

Ethan made a face, while mumbling.

"What? Oh, come on. We can still track hjs GPS from there." Benny coaxed and Ethan caved. "Okay. We've earned it." He smiled. "Actually, I'll catch up with you. I've got something I need to do." Benny shrugged and left tge school. Ethan wandered into clinic where the nurses were packing up.

"Uh, hey." He waved awkwardly. "I don't suppose you could fit me in last second?" The younger nurse smiled at him. "Of course we can. Lay down." She said in a cutsey voice. Ethan did so, trying not to fidget too much. He then got a call from Benny, which he of course answered.

"Hello?"

"We got a problem. If what my phone says is right, our fanged friends are going to hit tge donor van behind the school." Benny said, making Ethan sigh. "Figures. I'll..." He stopped when Annie spoke. "This won't hurt a bit." She said nicely and grabbed his arm. In it, Ethan saw Annie hissing at him with sharp fangs bared and yellow, glowing eyes. "Relax. I don't bite." She joked when she saw him tense up. Ethan looked at her with clear caution. "Promise?"