Hermione's Breakdown

"Weaslebee? That's so Malfoy thing to address Ron like that, Harry. What are you guys up to? Did you have a fight or something?"
'Merlin's beard! Did I just spout out that weasel's nickname like that? Draco Malfoy, get a grip on yourself! Hey wait, was I just jealous?' Draco was confused but nevertheless, he decided to shrug it off and continue:
"Ah-uh-kinda yeah, but we're fine now."
'I suppose they didn't want me to know or interfere.. I should leave them like that then. Hermione Granger, it is not just them who changed, you changed too.'
"Alright. I will continue then."
"Yeah, go on."
Hermione felt that weird feeling again. It was like she was afraid of being judged or might put off her bestfriend. It shouldn't have bothered her but it did. After the war, something did happen that affected her feelings too deeply. She didn't take anything for granted anymore-she never did- but this time the strength of this determination had just strengthened itself inside of her.
"Like.. after the war, I had thought-and hoped-that if anything, our friendship would grow stronger after all that we went through."
"Ron and yours?"
"No, ours! The friendship of us three!"
"Oh.."
"I mean there are certain things that are meant to be hidden but I don't need to hide them from someone as close to me as you. Never mind Ron. He has totally forgotten us and our past."
"Whatever you say."
Hermione was getting irked by Draco's dry and emotionless replies. He knew about their friendship: its depth, its warmth, its closeness and coziness. But what could he have said? That was one of the reasons he had hated the trio in the past. He didn't even know how to console her, he had never done that before.
Hermione continued:
"Though there are things I'm still curious about, the ones I'm still hiding from you, I want you to know this: I've decided on something. I'm gonna go back and get united with my parents again, make them normal again and build more memories with them. You see, Harry, I'm too tired now. Perhaps I shouldn't be leaving like this, leaving you like this when you don't have anyone by your side, but I'm too lonely. Even if I have you, I miss everything. I want atleast my parents to be by my side, really. I-I-"
And she choked on her tears. She couldn't continue any longer and her eyes welled up. She had been dreading exactly this. However, she didn't have the courage to face Harry anymore looking like that, in that messed up state. She rushed away from there. Draco decided that she needed time to calm down alone so he remained sitting there like that, pondering:
'What am I becoming? Come to think of it, I actually feel bad for her. I've been lonely all my life, I have never actually felt this sad for anyone experiencing exactly what I never want to again. In fact, ever since this transfiguration mishap happened, I've felt lesser lonely, lesser anxious and lesser off.
Perhaps this is what it means to have friends.'