An Unexpected Twist

Astronomy Tower saw Draco dressed as Harry roaming around like a zombie, pondering over what to do next. Should he write to Hermione? Or Ginny? Ginny had gone for a while and he missed her a lot but not as much as he had expected to. Sure the initial pain was more, but now he felt quite okay. Maybe the apology had led something to it.

"I don't think I should be the one writing to her. I'd have loved to in the past, I would've never missed a chance but now, it seems like I'm too tired..

I'm too tired of hurting everyone. I hate to admit it, but earlier I did feel like once it all ended, my life would have been more of a luxurious one. Materiastically, it already is. Father isn't going to return from Azkaban and they won't let him. I don't even think I deserve to be happy when he's rotting there-"

"Is this your diary, Malfoy?"

Draco turned around, almost at a loss of words to find out who had come to know his real identity in Harry's outer look. The voice seemed exceptionally familiar. It was -

"Granger?"

"SO I WAS RIGHT! You weren't Harry. I can live in peace now. But may I ask what the hell you guys are doing?"

"Lemme clear your first doubt first. I was just talking to myself. People do that normally if you don't know. And now that you know it, it's bad to eavesdrop. You've done it multiple times now already."

He was going to leave but Hermione spoke first-

"So is walking around in someone else's looks and defaming them."

"Who the hell are you talking about?"

"It seems strange to see you like this, much less talk on my bestfriend's face like this which I can't stand."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind."

"Why did you come back?"

"Receiving no letter from Harry and doubting his behaviour all the time. I knew it wasn't him or maybe he was suffering too much from something. He wasn't his real self many times before the battle-when Voldemort always was penetrating his brain-so I thought maybe the effects of the war are yet to fade away."

"I just realised you and I are having a civil conversation with our real selves for the first time ever."

"Except that you are wearing round spectacles, have a scar on your head (oh, you can be called a scarhead now!), are in Gryffindor robes which you have always hated-"

Draco suddenly put his finger on Hermione's lips, making them shut. Hermione had a shiver run down her spine.

'This is Harry's touch, not Malfoy's.'

Draco, without realising that he hadn't let go of her lips, kept on staring into her eyes.

'These are Harry's eyes...

"OMG I-I'M FOR REAL-NO WAY THAT'S POSSIBLE-HARRY, I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO HIM NOW!"

Saying this, she rushed from there.

Draco kept on staring at her back. 'She could've talked to me a bit more.' He was feeling guilty of using that move, though unintentionally. He was just trying to stop her from misunderstanding him. Did he instead create a whole other misunderstanding? That wasn't the thing he needed to focus on. He suddenly felt a pain in his chest- his heart ached at letting her go like that. He felt as if she had brought light to a dark past of his. He felt happy in her company, much happier than anyone else, though he had people around him now. But wait, he didn't want to betray Ginny even though she was never his and was never going to like him. He decided to go to Harry too.