Chapter 06: Dinner

Rosa's POV
I drove to the diner as mom's shift ended. She and dad were waiting for me and Bella with food already on the table.

Her face lit up when she saw me and she waved me over "Rosie! Over here!" She called, I smiled and allowed her to use the nickname. I walked over to her and sat down across from her with an empty seat next to me for Bella across from dad.

She ordered me fried chicken with waffles and milk with mixed berries (again no strawberries) and apple slices. My favorite. This definitely went above my calorie count for dinner, but that was okay!

I'm sure that you're wondering what this 'calorie count' for every meal is. Well I have to eat at least a certain amount of calories per meal, as I was anorexic and I'm trying to regain a healthy weight. I already halfway towards my weight goal!

I dumped maple syrup on my food and started cutting it up into bite sized pieces. We talked about our day as Bella walked over to us after going home and changing out of her outfit and into this.

 We talked about our day as Bella walked over to us after going home and changing out of her outfit and into this

She sat next to me and started eating her veggie burger and side garden salad. Mom clearly asked what she wanted. She ignored us as we tried to talk about her first day. We eventually gave up and continued our conversation.

Bella spoke up after she finished her salad and was half way through her burger "So about the Cullens..." she began and dad's eyes narrowed "Are people talking about them again?" I sighed and said

"It's a small town dad. They've got both better to do except gossip in order to fulfill their minuscule existence. Nothing anyone can say or do to stop it. Humanity sucks end of story. It's best to just ignore it."

Bella stared at me with bulging eyes. She seriously thought I was dumb? After seeing my straight A report card?

Dad nodded and I continued "But Jasper's really sweet. He helped me with my last two classes" mom and dad smiled and said "That's good" and continued eating.

Bella glared at me throughout the entire meal.

~~~timeskip~~~
We went home and Bella called mom to tell her about her day. I kissed both my parent's cheeks and went upstairs.

The first thing I did was drop off my backpack and go to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I walked back to my bedroom and changed into pajamas before starting my homework.

Halfway through Bella barges in wearing her normal sleepwear

"Stay away from the Cullens! They're mine!" She hissed, I raised an eyebrow at her and stood up

"Stay away from the Cullens! They're mine!" She hissed, I raised an eyebrow at her and stood up. I walked towards her and shut the bedroom door behind her. Pinning her between it and me. She looked scared.

"No" I said simply, she looked baffled "No?" She asked. "No. I'm not going to let you or anyone else push me around anymore. I'm going to hang out with who I want, I'm going to date who I want, I'm going to do what I want, and most importantly I'm going to be who I want. I'm done being your punching bag and covering for your pathetic ass."

She seemed startled but before she could answer I grabbed her and opened the door and shoved her into the hallway. I shut my door and locked it. I walked over to my nightstand as I heard Bella's door slam and took my sleeping pills. I quickly finished my homework and removed my piercings.

Then I passed out. Unaware of the glowing golden eyes outside my window.