Chapter 12: Meeting the parents

Rosa's POV
It's been about three weeks since I found out about Jasper, and he found out about me. It brought us closer together instead of tearing us apart as Bella had hoped.

It was a cool sunny Saturday and I decided to lay in the backyard on top of a towel in a swimsuit hoping to soak up some vitamins before it disappeared.

I bought this little number on whim awhile back and I thought since no one would see me as I was alone in my backyard that it would be fine to wear.

I was laying on my stomach dozing when a shadow fell over me. I cracked open my eyes only for the shadow to kneel down and hover above my form. I knew instantly who it was when chilled lips started leaving kisses along my shoulders and tattooed back.

My eyes closed again as a smirk formed on my lips "Hey, Jazz, wasn't expecting to see you today" he let out a deep chuckle against my skin before pulling away and allowing me to roll over and look at him "Sorry darlin'" he said with a slight smile.

He wore a navy blue button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and black slacks that were rolled above his ankles and his feet were bare. The top three buttons of his shirt were undone, and his chin length hair dangled around his face. His skin glimmered in the sunlight and I couldn't help, but reach out and cup his cheek.

He leaned towards my touch and raised his hand to cup my hand. He turned his head to place a kiss on my palm. The simple but sweet action sent a flood of adoration into my heart. I felt Jasper smile into my palm and he mumbled softly almost shyly "I have a request to make..."

I raise a brow and let out a questioning hum. He looked at me and said "My family wants to meet you.... officially, and I want to meet Charlie and Cora" My face lit up at the thought of introducing Jasper as my boyfriend "When?" I asked excitedly, making Jasper chuckle and say "Tonight. Esme's wanting to cook dinner for all of y'all."

I nodded excitedly before pausing and frowning "Bella will have to come over..." since Jasper claimed me as his mate Bella's been reading a lot of books and staring at us more specifically my neck as if she's looking for something. She seems satisfied each time she doesn't find it and continues to flirt with not just Jasper, but Emmett and Edward as well.

Jasper nods and says "Alice volunteered to keep her busy while everyone gets to know each other" I nodded then asked "Should I introduce you as my boyfriend now, or at the party?" He replied quickly "At the party. There's something I want to ask your parents" I nodded.

~~~timeskip~~~
After telling my parents that my 'friend' Jasper Hale invited us over for dinner, mom started bustling around with her appearance.

I can't say I blame her I'm pretty nervous too. I changed my outfit about five times before settling on one. Dad was confused by our behavior, but didn't say anything about it, he just got dressed in a blue flannel and blue jeans with a black leather belt and matching boots.