Mending (D.m. x reader)

Pairing- Draco x Femreader

Summary- This is basically a view of Draco and Y/n's relationship which has some hurdles, it is being expressed through a song| Angsty, Fluff

A/n- Please listen to "Little do you know" by Alex and Sierra before reading if you haven't listened to the song. Thank you!

Warnings- Mentions of cheating.

Words- 2,240 words

--------------------------

"Little do you know how I'm breaking while you fall asleep"

When the sun sets and night falls, Y/n's boyfriend Draco Malfoy disappears into the darkness and returns when the sun rises. Y/n stays awake in hopes that her boyfriend would come and wrap his arms around her, protect her and care for her but in return, he comes back and just sleeps. He leaves, unknown to everyone as to where he must have disappeared to. Y/n feels as though these actions have happened to her, she fears that her past might be repeating itself. She decided to deal with these emotions on her own, not telling or informing Draco about her suspicions as she tells herself repeatedly that these thoughts are nothing and that she's just overthinking about it too much. But this repeatedly happens day after day. A few days he would care to join her in her sleep but as he sleeps next to her, her delicate heart breaks over and over again for he is indeed hiding something from her. She tries to stay put and make this relationship work by silently letting tears slip out of her eyes, unknown to Draco.

"Little do you know I'm still haunted by the memories"

The nights when she sleeps peacefully her dreams come and haunt her, she recalls her past experience with her ex, Theodore Nott, who promised her that he would love her forevermore but, did it last? No, unfortunately, it didn't, he found someone else to love, someone else to cherish and look after, someone else to be with. She had caught him cheating with some other girl she didn't care knowing, she was still haunted by the sight of Theodore Nott, her ex-boyfriend on some other girl's throat. Nott too, used to disappear into the dark and return as though nothing happened, she had noticed Nott's change in behavior but chose to ignore them. And now, at night all her nightmares come alive to make her recollect any such small incidents which happened with Draco and her. She indeed felt a lot hurt with the small things that reminded her of her previous relationship such as Ignoring in the hallways, not showing as much affection as he did before, not spending enough time with her. She hates it whenever her thoughts went over her previous relationship and would despise connecting these dots together and implying that maybe Draco was cheating on her.

"Little do you know I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece"

She was broken, sadness engulfed her and made her its target prey. She was too afraid of approaching anyone regarding this and thought it was her responsibility to put her broken pieces together. Even when she knew Draco might be cheating on her which broke her heart, even more, she picked the broken pieces and fixed them with reassurances that would indeed fix her broken piece, but even if you fix a broken mirror there would be cracks in it and they take time to heal, but the time she was facing wasn't made for healing as her heart broke even more whenever he disregarded her. She had thought no one could fix her so it was now up to her that she had to fix herself. She was worried that if she bought up the topic, things might become worse for her.

"Little do you know, I need a little more time"

Y/n doesn't want to talk about her suspicions with him, she thinks as though her thoughts might be just assumptions and she might be just overthinking about this situation and that her train of thoughts might lead her to a totally different scenario than what it actually is, she had to get out of these thoughts that made her worry for no reason. But she couldn't deny but see a different picture which she was painting of her boyfriend, he hadn't been spending time with her as much as he did, he was always thoughtful when it came to her, her hopes for him were diminishing deeper and deeper but all she wanted to do was to think that these thoughts were unnecessary and that she is just being her overthinking self again. She needed time to sort out her thoughts to be true and valid or false and just silly assumptions.