chapter 16

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

(TW: wakasa has a mental illness)

1.

Wakasa Imaushi, known as the White Leopard on the battleground, and known as one of the children of the wealthiest families in Japan. Nobody actually knew that he was that son, who escaped his home and abandoned the future prepared for him.

Future prepared for him? For his own good? Wakasa would beat up anyone who thinks the same as his father. 

No one knows his name, for his father never introduced him or even showed his face to the public. He was trapped in the mansion's walls, sick of seeing fancy chandeliers and tall pillars around his small body. He wanted to run away, and he did at the age of fifteen. 

He escaped without a trace. And using the allowance money he's been saving for years, he bought himself an apartment, then moved in with Shinichiro when the ravenette opened his motorbike shop two years later. But, he knows that Shinichiro believed that they only had a platonic relationship, while Wakasa thought of this as a start and an opening for a romantic relationship. He didn't convey anything, though. 

Years of hiding, and his father didn't look for him. He knows that he doesn't care to look for him.

He still carried remorse, presuming about what would transpire to his younger sister, Sana. She was just 5 when he left, so he knows she would probably not remember her when she grows up. But that child was close to him, and he cared for his only sister. And Senju reminded him of her a lot. A child with champagne locks (that's a lighter shade of blonde) and amethyst purple orbs, a complete replica of his older brother. She was a cheerful child, a girl who always had a smile radiating up her features. Wakasa desired she never grew up in the same toxic surrounding as he did. After a few years, at the age of twenty-five, he saw Sana again, but as Senju's girlfriend. He's glad she's in the hands of someone he trusts. He also observed how her hairstyle reminded him of his hairstyle in his youth. 

In the first timeline, or almost all timelines, Shinichiro's death devastated him and it led him to misery. After his death, he still stayed in their shared apartment, even hearing his faint voice by the halls. Wakasa even started to hallucinate over the years. The only ones who kept him in check were Benkei, Senju, and Takeomi. His sister as well died in all timelines, but was alive when Takemichi saved Shinichiro. Must be a chain, perhaps. 

He already consulted a psychiatrist, and he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. This illness showed symptoms of hallucinating. He didn't inform anyone about it.

Now that Shinichiro's alive, his illness started to fade away, or as he thought. He still has appointments and only his lover and Takemichi knows about that. 

And it's because of what happened on the 14th of August. And two months after that. Though he would like to reside that in the back of his mind, forget about it, and think that Benkei isn't dead and just in a two-year coma, he still can't. It's what caused Shinichiro to go animalistic and lose his cool, and his lover became a wall he can't break. There were times when Wakasa can't even approach him like he was a complete stranger to him. There were times when Shinichiro felt distant towards Wakasa, and it made him think if he still loves him or not. Was he just there to keep him in check? Or was he there for something else? He couldn't point a finger at anything, but he still has hope that Shinichiro loves him.

And then, Shinichiro said, with a confused and panicked face, that he just woke up and he's now a criminal. He remembers him waking up beside him, then panicking at 3 am in the morning, wondering what was going on. Wakasa woke up to his screaming and he couldn't understand why the unbreakable and emotionless Shinichiro panicked when he woke up in his own room.