chapter 29

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

1.

Mission Accomplished. Wakasa was saved (and his injuries weren't as rugged as in the last timeline, and he never went to the hospital because of multiple broken bones) and Shinichiro's dark impulses didn't trigger.  The leader of The Crusade was arrested and no more peril was seen. Benkei should be, at least, alive in the next timeline, right? That's what Takemichi is about to find out.

But, he distrusts the future so he asked Baji and Kazutora for help. Chifuyu was out of town with his mother so they can't have meetings with him at the moment.

It was night, a day after the incident, and the three were under the bridge, the river flowing in between. The wind was warmer than usual, and the river was not as calm. Baji's back was facing the river, while Kazutora stood by his right near and Takemichi parallel to him. 

"Hey, I have this observation from the future," Takemichi started.

"What? Is it something weird or?" Baji asked.

The blonde gulped, "It is weird, and it's very confusing to me as well."

"Who? Is it Mikey?" Kazutora knew what he was talking about, but he doesn't know who was he talking about. Takemichi had talked about this before, the second time leaper or somebody who is connected to his ability. "Or Izana?"

"How is Izana dragged into this?" Baji exclaimed, pocketing his hands into his cargo pants. 

"It's got to be someone in the Sano Family," Kazutora looked down, his lips pursed together. "Or one of us."

"Impossible it'll be one of us," Baji snorted with a smirk. "So, who is this weird one you're talking about, Takemicchi?"

"You know that if I come back to the future, I don't know what happened in between those years, right?"

"Yeah," The tiger titled his head. "And now?"

"Shinichiro acts like that and he absolutely knows nothing about what happened between the years."

"He should know, right?' Baji said. "I mean, he didn't time leap with you."

"He just woke up and bam!" Takemichi explained, and the two found it adorable somehow. "He's in 2017."

"Suspicious," Baji muttered. "Does he know about your time leaping ability? I mean in the future?"

"Mikey told him."

"I see."

"It's not best if you go talk to him about it or he might be confused," Kazutora suggested. "How about you stay for a while and observe him? It's not a coincidence that he just woke up fourteen years into the future."

"Perhaps..."

"What if Mikey told him about the time leaping ability you have now?" Baji said. "You told him, right?"

"Yeah."

"But knowing Shinichiro-san," Kazutora stated. "He must've confronted Takemicchi and at least interrogated him."

Takemichi sighed, "We really have nowhere to start, would we?"

"Stay for like," Kazutora raised his fingers. "One week and let's see what we can get."

2.

2017...

The car ride was a bit, inept, with the twins, Akira and Asa, not even enunciating a word. Wakasa tried to flare up a few matters, so as to not make the atmosphere too tense, but they didn't answer. They just stared at him and that gave him shivers.