Blinded with Glitter

With Yoo Han,

With Yoo Han,

I had just been dipped in ice cold water repeatedly for three minutes, times like this really tested me, the moments when the only thing keeping me alive gets snatched away from me, every time I gasp for air I would regret everything that I had ever done in my life that made me the way that I am , but I would then snap back and tell myself that it will end soon, but the truth is that I keep lying to myself and giving myself fake hope for staying true to myself. Ironic, isn't it?

Although I am pretty sure this time, they used my situation to threaten some nosy kids, oh how I hope those kids wouldn't care and continue to search this place out. This recording gave me hope that somebody might know about people being held up over here, as much as I'm trying to build up myself, I don't think I will be able to much longer.

*Door creaks open*

Ahh yes, the new guard, I really don't know why they even bother, it's not like I'm not tied up the entire time in a locked-up room right?

Yoo Han looked up to see that this time his guard was a woman, but he was shocked to see a familiar face in front of him.

"Yoo Ri Aomoni!!!"

It's her right? It looks like her, I could recognize her from a mile away, her pictures have been etched in my mind like me to Yeon Woo.

Yoo Yo Ri: hello, so you are the kid who has taken the rock?

She spoke in a soft voice but in a passive aggressive tone just like Yeon Woo, she thought that I took the stone because I bet on it with my friends and that I refused to give it to them unless I they gave me a lot of cash, but those were lies, how did they manage to convince these people that I'm the bad person here.

I must tell her the truth, but I need her to tie me open, I could try to speak to her with a gagged mouth, but I don't think it would be that useful.

She approached me and slowly took off my hand ties and I did the rest of the untying.

She kept the plate on the table and said, "I'll be back in 20 minutes so eat properly don't rush."

Before she could go to the door, I asked her.

Yoo Han: you're Yoo Yo Ri right?

She stopped in her tracks and clenched up her hand.

Yoo Han: you're Yeon Woo's mother, right?

She at once turned and looked at me with a confused expression on her face

Yo Ri: how do you know this? Who are you?

Yoo Han: you are her right?

Yo Ri: Yes, it is me, now you? How do you know this? 

I stood up and walked up to her, I motioned at her to close the door. And whispered to her.

Yoo Han: My name is Goo Yoo Han, and I am your son's...friend.

She stepped back

Yo Ri: that's not possible, my son isn't friends with you, you are lying to me, who told you this? Huh? Who?

Yoo Han: believe me please, I am his friend. I have also met your sister, Yi Rang Imo, she has been searching for you for the past 7 years tirelessly. And you have been here, how is this possible?

Yo Ri: Yi Rang searching for me, that's lies I know your lying now, why she must search for me at all she knows that I am here, she always has.

Yoo Han: that's not possible, why would Yi Rang Imo lie to Yeon Woo then, why would she drink every other night and cry about you or take trips to places when she finds clues that may relate to your disappearance.

Yo Ri: What are you talking about kid? Yi Rang lied to Yeon Woo? Why would she do that?

Yoo Han: why are you here? What are you doing here working for these people?

Yoo Yi Rang was too stunned to speak she was baffled at the idea of her being hidden away from her own son but more hurt from the fact that her sister was the reason that she was being hidden away.

She looked at the boy in front of her and told him that she, like all the other workers over here, was working to achieve the cure for their color blindness. And that they achieved the formula but that the main ingredient was stolen from the lab and that it was the blue stone that the girl had given to me that was stopping the formula from going through.

She walked to one of the shut windows and looked at me with teary eyes and told me that If I had to return the stone then she could go back home and help Yeon Woo. And that the seven years she spent here were all so that she could help him live a colorful life.

She told me how when she met Yeon Woo's father and how it was the best moments of her life and that she knew how rare it was for a mono and probe to meet each other but she wanted him to experience what she experienced and so she found out that a nice man was giving out jobs to people who wanted to get paid with the cure since it was quite expensive and so she left to go there.

But they told her that she would have to stay there since she was recruited by them as a mentor and that she would be able to write letters to her family and that her phone would be taken away since they didn't want people to use technology in the warehouse this was their non-negotiable condition.

Yo Ri: So, I thought about Yeon Woo and agreed to work there, and I wrote letters to them every month. At first, I started to receive letters. But around my 5th month here I stopped receiving letters from them. I wanted to go and meet them, but my boss stopped me and told me that we were close to our goal and that once I achieved the cure I could go home and help my son. So, I let it go without thinking about it... now it's been 7 years since that incident.

Yo Ri: I don't believe that my sister would do this to me.

Yoo Han: I also don't believe it; she misses you every day like crazy. But I think it may be time now that you start questioning this so-called person that you have been working for. Because I know what the truth is, but I want you to hear it for yourself.

Yo Ri: what truth are you referring to?

Yoo Han: the fact that this is all a hoax and that PRESIDENT HWI IS SCAMMING MONOS SO THAT HE CAN HAVE FREE LABOUR!!!!

Yo Ri: no kid, what are you saying? President Hwi is a nice person he wouldn't do that to us.

Yoo Han: Yo Ri Aomoni please believe me this one time, all the facts match up, Yi Rang Imo may have never received your letters in the first place, he uses Monos as labor with the promise that he will pay for their color blindness operation, you don't get to use phones or step outside and would anybody who is this nice indulge in crook like behavior? He has blindfolded you all with glitter. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Updated-09/02/2022

Chapter Preview

I think it's time we go save them, I'm coming for you Goo Yoo Han.