Saudade

Se Hyun helps Yoo Han get up and uses himself as a support to hold Yoo Han up. They stay cautious as they walk out of the room,

Yoo Han: Se Hyun, how has Yeon Woo been? Is he okay? Has he moved on...?

Yoo Han looks down at the floor when he asks the last question, he knows what he wants to hear from Se Hyun, but he was too scared of what he may hear as an answer. But at the end of the day didn't he want Yeon Woo to move on and live a happy life or was it just the idea of giving up on himself that made him have that thought, these were the kind of thoughts you would have when you knew that there is no use fighting anymore and that it would be better to surrender.

Se Hyun: he has been surviving... He has been strong, but to tell you the truth it seemed that maybe he wouldn't be able to hold on longer. He searched for you like crazy for these past 3-4 months. He was always distracted in class and if he wasn't with Min Jae and Joo Haeng he would always sit alone and be lost in thought, he looked like doll that had been owned or somebody who had a mask stuck to his face.

Yoo Han balled his fist, he wondered whether if it was the right move to leave him at that carnival and if things could have moved differently, then his mind moved to this one deep dark memory... The one when he came to know that Yeon Woo had tried to k**l himself and how he was nowhere to be found because his aunt hid him.

Yoo Han: Se Hyun?

Se Hyun: yeah?

Yoo Han: no, it's nothing, forget it. Do you know how to get out of here.

Se Hyun: yeah, I do, just that I hope the commotion was big enough to create a good distraction so that we can slip out easily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeon Woo had managed to slip out of the crowd and make his way to one of the staircases around the warehouse, he sneaked into the staircase and made his way to the second floor of the building.

Random Worker: should we move the lab rats out then?

Other Random Worker: I don't know should we wait for President Hwi's orders. As it is even if they die no would come looking for them since they've already been pronounced "cured"

The (ORW) said the word cured with his hands forming the action of air quotes.

Random Worker: yeah, but they are still people.

Other Random Worker: with no use to us or this firm at all. And at this point there is so many of them that it would be a hassle to carry them and it's not like it would be easy either given that the experiment has left them handicapped in one way or another, they would give out halfway in trying to bring them out, let's wait for the orders to come through.

Yeon Woo bit his lip trying to control his anger at these scoundrels who had no value for human life, for them a Mono was as good as a rat sent in for testing, if one would fail, they would use another one. And what? They knew that their experiment led to permanent consequences and they still went ahead with it.

He tried to get a better look at them and picked up his phone to record them, he got a good 5 to 6 minutes of them talking to each other about how President Hwi's daughter was a Mono and that he wanted her to experience color and live like a normal person.

President Hwi created this entire warehouse just so he can find the perfect cure for his daughter, also when he would be done with helping his daughter, he would sell the cure overseas for a lot of cash.

This guy had a lot of nerve to breed vulnerable Monos for his personal use.

Yeon Woo tried to get in a bit closer to the ajar door, but he slipped and the door made a loud creak.