Suruwat

The Emergency Task Force chief, Sameer Damsingh Rathore, gave a look of disdain to the flock of reporters yelling outside the HQ building.

This case was a mess. Rich kid decides to torture and kill a girl by pushing her off a 9th story building. It was that simple, and it was complicated. There was CCTV footage, but no physical evidence of the brat, Pratik Singhal, even touching the girl in the first place. His Father's name and connection is whole another headache worthy topic.

He walked inside briskly, Chotu shielding him as the duo struggled and walked through the sea of reporters.

He could hear Rawte's yelling from all the way to the entrance. Shree looked at him, nodding and wincing as the former's voice seemed to rise an octave each passing moment. Rolling eyes to himself, Rathore stood outside the interrogation room, looking at the scene inside. Rawte paced around Pratik like a unleashed lion, and even though the kid was shaking, he did not say a word.

"I am scared." Shree walked around to stand near him, Chotu on the other side. The Commando raised his eyebrows at his friend's comment.

"What if he hurts him?" They all had a front row seat when ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte had punched a goon, Pathan lala, outside a court in broad day light. It took months with the hearing, suspension, Rathore sir and other seniors yelling, reporters camping outside ETF building. It had barely quieten down, then this case fell on their laps.

"He won't." Shree was shocked at the confident tone of his boss, then looked at Chotu who shrugged, not understanding the issue. The two were at logger heads all the times, and yet they cared about each other and had deep faith on their ability. Rathore turned from the glass wall towards his subordinates, opened his mouth to speak something when he saw a new person walking into the hall.

Dustin coelho, ex Commissioner and current mentor in Police academy, Pune, strolled into the office, his footsteps light, hands in pocket. He had someone else behind him, and Rathore craned his neck to see the person. A woman walked in- in long coat, jeans, casual white shirt and flat sandal, with a bag which strap crossed over her front. She held onto the straps as she moved, eyes roaming around the officer.

Rathore moved to shake hand with his ex Boss, "Sir, it's a surprise. How can we help?"

On cue, Rawte's yelling rang through the office, making the ETF agents jump. The girl frowned, but had no indication of fear. Coelho looked over their shoulder.

"The help is all yours." Then turned to the girl, who, now that Rathore saw her face clearly, was quite young. Most likely Pratik's age, in her lower twenties. 21 or 22, at max. "Introduction first. This is Sameer Rathore, chief of this place." The senior nodded at her to which she waved, lips pressed as if to give a smile, "She is Dr. Riya Mukherjee. A student in MNG college, where I give lectures occasionally."

"What kind of doctor are you?" Shree asked, curious at the familiar surname. The girl, Riya, smiled brightly at him.

"It's PhD. I have two, and studying for the third." Rathore raised eyebrow at that, turning to Coelho who nodded in confirmation, "One is in criminal psychology, another is in Profiling. I am currently pursuing Geographical profiling, it's very interesting. Dustin sir's lectures help a lot. I think once I am done with this I should pursue forensic side." The girl went on and on as she got lost in her plans, and only two men had any idea what she was talking about.

"What's profiling?" Chotu asked. Riya turned to him, almost as if she did not notice him standing there at all. But before she could reply, her eyes fell on the white board full of evidence pictures behind them.