Future

Arjun was never the one for literature. He was a practical person- current affairs, news, occasionally sports that too chess. Fictional stories never interested him. His father was a lover of old English books- Byron, Keats, Wordsworth, which his mother picked up. He tried reading them when he was younger, and he realized even though the poetries and novels were a mixture of darkness and light, his father obviously decided to focus on the dark parts. He was a serious man devoid of smile and affection.

Roshni loved reading. Love stories, trashy magazines. In his old house which is locked thanks to police bureaucracy of forensic evidences, there used to be a heap of old magazines. She would never threw them out, he could not bear too. He often teased her, but she was unabashed. She loved stories of two different people coming together and sharing love. She did not like classics- old and boring she used to say.

In record room, there was an old battered copy of Wuthering heights hidden between some old dusty files. He stared at it when it fell down, and inexplicably took it with him. For days it remained untouched in his cabin, then one night, he put his feet on the table and started the story of Heathcliff and Catherine. He knew the famous quote, and while reading, he remembered Riya once told him it's a horror novel.

His eyes ran over the words, . . . haunt me then.... Be with me always...Don't leave me in the abyss...where I cant find you. And he would like to say himself, its for Roshni. Her body haunts him in nightmares and even though its painful, in a twisted way that's the only thing that connects him to her. It's morbid, like everything else in his life. It's sick.

But there is another person whose image come to his eyes. He would want her to haunt his dreams too- difference is, with Roshni he knows how it ends. With her, he don't know.

And he may never.