II. Foreboding

NEW POV

The day of the trip came everyone was busy hustling and bustling about taking care of the luggage and gifts that needs to be boarded on the coaches.
I looked around and Mint was nowhere to be found, I guess she was very serious when she said she didn't want to see me.
I can just make it up to her with gifts anyway when I come back.
I rode my horse looking up the familiar window where my father and brother stood bowing to them.

I am not a big fan of riding coaches that is why I rode my horse I'll be taking Greek anyway with me so better ride him

I shrugged off the budding negative feeling I have and rode away from the castle.
The diplomatic convoy consists of me, 2 diplomatic spokespersons which were Kaya Lennox Duke of Wales, and Luke Antheunis Duke of Wessex both were courtiers to the king.
My attendant and childhood friend Arm William Count of Wales almost half of my envoys are from the nobility.

We also have servants who will be attending to our household needs.
So we are traveling with 3 carriages and some guards riding alongside me.
A total of 30 people in an envoy believe me this is too little, Father insists that I take 50 for safety precautions but it is me that were talking about a lot more to protect which was too much hassle for me.

I excelled in sword fighting and hand-to-hand combat. Aside from that I am also a war strategist, I was on the frontline during the French invasion and other notable wars that took place. Compared to my brother Charles who is a nerd and loves books a lot, I love books too but not as much as Charles. I can sit quietly and read something interesting.
Thinking about my sister Mint I sighed.

"Your Highness, something bothering you? " - Joss Fitch

Joss Fitch the Captain of my royal knights, came to me a meter apart riding on his funny horse he calls Comet with his signature charming smile that makes all the ladies of the empire swoon.

"You bought your funny horse with you? why does he have that look in his eyes like he's going to cause trouble anytime soon" - New

"Don't worry your highness I can manage" - Joss

He patted Comet's head but it neighed startling him in the process.
I chuckled as he scratched his nape thinking of an excuse.

"You and your horse belong together you both look awkward and funny at the same time haha" - New

"aaaahhh New!!"- Joss

"Captain!!! so insolent as always! Do not address our prince with such filth in your mouth you do not have the right to address him by his given name!!" - Nicholas "Nicky" Arthur

Nicky, as usual, mimicked my etiquette teacher which I am already thinking he has a crush on.
Sauntering like an instructor goofing around with us. He really is one of the best horse riders in our company if escape's a must Nicky will come flying in to swoop my ass and ride till we die. He is the lieutenant of my guards and my safety is his priority.