EIGHT

I think this redo is better. Good thing I still remembered some parts. Happy reading, everyone! 🙂

Warning: Cussing. Profanities. Fluff? Long Chapter.

"ONEECHAN, please don't do this to me

"ONEECHAN, please don't do this to me. Don't leave me too!" 10-year-old Hanagaki Akari pleaded while holding her sister's bloodied body in her arms, hot tears streaming down her reddened cheeks. There was desperation in her blue eyes. "I don't want to be alone!"

Her older sister, Hanagaki Misaki, only gave her a weak yet gentle smile. "I-I'm sorry, Akari-chan... P-please tell him I-I love him and I'm g-going to be extremely l-late."

Akari vigorously shook her little head. Her heart sunk seeing her sister in agony. "No! You tell him that yourself! He's waiting for you, oneechan! Don't stood him up!" she cried out, her lips trembling. Where the hell was the damn ambulance? Why was help haven't arrived yet??? Her sister was dying here!

Misaki coughed out blood. The rise and fall of her chest were rapid as she was struggling to breathe on her own. "I-I can't... I'm so sorry, Akari." She cupped the little girl's cheek and caressed it tenderly. "C-can you promise me one thing? P-promise me that you will live... that you w-will live a h-happy life... for my sake a-and for our parents... a-as well..." She squeezed her eyes shut for a brief moment due to pain then opened them back. She was coughing again.

"Oneechan!"

"Y-you can... do it, r-right?" The light in her blue irises was slowly fading away and her body was losing its warmth.

More tears came out of Akari's eyes as she was staring at her sister in anguish. "Oneechan, I..."

"I love you, my dear little sister..." Misaki then took one last breath, her hand slowly fell to her side.

"No, oneechan!!!"

Akari shot her eyes open and screamed, almost jolting herself out of the bed. She was catching her breath and was clutching her chest. Bullets of sweat trickled down her face. Wh-what...?

"Ow," she winced as she felt a piercing pain coming from her throbbing head. It was that horrible nightmare again.

Akari covered her face with her hands. She felt like crying to herself all over again. Remembering her sister's death was still too painful for her even though it had been three years since the tragic incident. That part of her past traumatized her greatly, giving her intermittent headaches whenever she was either dreaming or thinking about it. It was as if it kept reminding her that she had no one left, that she was all by herself. And that loneliness crawled its way into the depths of her very heart and was slowly eating her soul. Until there was nothing left for her to feel, only pure emptiness. It was what scared her the most.