TWENTY-NINE

This is the continuation of the previous chapter. Happy reading. 🙂

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities.

DARK CLOUDS hovered vast against the late afternoon sky as the first streaks of rain crammed frivolously over the busy streets of Yokohama City

DARK CLOUDS hovered vast against the late afternoon sky as the first streaks of rain crammed frivolously over the busy streets of Yokohama City. The air was coated with watery fogs and the streets were filled with people—shielding themselves from the drizzle.

The moment the shuttle bus entered the school premises and came to a stop at the parking area, Akari sprang up from her seat and sprinted into the exit, bringing all her stuff. Not heeding the calls of her coach or her team captain, she only continued to dash off past their school gate and made her way toward the awaiting motorcycle parked on a distant road.

"Kaku-san!" the ravenette called out as she saw the familiar tall male leaning against the said vehicle with a phone in his hand. He didn't seem to either mind the continuous downpour of the rain or get soaked by it.

Kakucho whipped his head as soon as he heard her voice and saw her come running to him in a haste. "Hello, Akari," he greeted her with a small wave.

Akari screwed her face up as if to control herself from shedding a tear and jumped off to hug him, earning a surprised expression from the male. "Kaku-san!"

"Whoa! Hey. What's the matter, Akari?"

The younger teen only shook her head, wiping off an escaped tear from her eye, and looked up to meet his gaze. "Where's Iza-san?"

That was then she noticed the uncertain look on Kakucho's face, only to be immediately replaced with a faint smile. "He's resting in his apartment. He's kind of tired and didn't want to be disturbed for a while. He asked me to pick you up in his place."

"Is that what he said?" she asked, sounding unconvinced. Why does it look like he was hiding something from her? She knew he was lying through his teeth judging by his expression earlier.

Kakucho only nodded and patted her head. "C'mon. The rain's getting pretty heavy. I'll drive you home for now. I know you're also tired from the training camp," he told her, changing the subject like he was trying to avoid saying anything related to the tanned male.

Or maybe Izana wanted to be left alone in the meantime to mend himself for the loss of his older brother who had just died recently. Akari thought it was understandable and it was probably for the best. She decided to leave him be for now. She'll try to visit his apartment tomorrow morning and bring him food to eat for breakfast. She knew he'll be hungry at that time. A few people in grief usually tend to starve themselves. Just like her three years ago after her sister's death.

Kakucho took her huge backpack from her and tied it securely on the back of his bike's passenger seat just as how Izana did to her luggage a few days back. He gently put his spare helmet on her and helped her fasten the straps under her chin. Then, he wore his own helmet and mounted his motorbike with Akari followed suit, wrapping her arms around his waist. The sound of the roaring engine filled her eardrums as he turned on the ignition and drove off.