TWENTY-FIVE

I just wanted to ask how is the plotline of this story so far. Did you guys enjoy it? This is the continuation of the previous chapter.

Enjoy reading!

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. A little bit of horror.

"I THINK MY head is spinning

"I THINK MY head is spinning. No more extreme rides, Mikey!"

"But those are the exciting ones, Emma! You're just exaggerating."

"Oh, give me a break! When I said no, it's a no!"

"I agree with Emma, Mikey."

"Not you too, Ken-chin."

Akari was only dead quiet as she stoically watched Mikey chatter with his sister and best friend. Her mood drastically changed ever since she and Emma left the fortune-teller booth a few hours ago and barely spoke to any of them. That gypsy woman's words had been bothering the hell out of her, making her incredibly anxious almost all the time. The ravenette could sense no lie from her words. What Fuyuka said was 100% accurate, knowing very well that there really was someone who was after her. It seemed like the older woman was no fraud after all that it was beyond creepy.

"Aka-chin..."

That bastard was back. He came back to her just like he promised three years ago to exact revenge. She had to be extremely cautious from now on.

All she could think of right now was to go home and think of her next step. Or should she just call Izana and tell him everything?

She mentally shook her head. No, that wasn't a wise decision. She didn't want to trouble him anymore and get involved with her mess again. He had already done so much for her and she greatly owed him for that. She had to do this by herself without asking for help. Not with him. Not with her friends. Not with her uncle or her auntie. Not with anyone else.

Only her, alone.

Her hands balled into fists as she bit her lower lip. She knew she can do it. No, she can do it! She had to believe herself! She had already run away for too long. Now was her chance to strike back and get even with that asshole. She will never forgive him for what he did to them. He was the sole reason why she'd been suffering from countless nightmares for three damn years.

The very same person who took away Misaki's life.

"Hey, Aka-chin!"

Akari nearly jumped when she suddenly felt a light pat on her shoulder, snapping her out of her reverie. She shifted her body to the side and was greeted by Mikey's face almost an inch closer to her, his eyebrows were knitted as his pitch-black eyes gazed at her with obvious concern.

"Are you okay, Aka-chin?" the short-blonde asked her in a worried tone. "You've been awfully silent for quite some time now. Is something the matter?"

The ravenette's blue pupils widened at how close they were to each other and was late to realize that she unconsciously eyeing his features intently.