Bernard x Y/N Valentine's Day

Poetic Version

The chilly months had set me back a few paces. It always got colder every second. With barely anyone to warm me up I usually sat by myself in the almost unmerciful sunshine that peered threw my window. That is until he comes. I will feel the ever so familiar touch of my lover. He comes in the dead of night, but the only thing he steals is my sorrow.

When I long for his touch, he comes. Only sometimes. It's as if he's allergic to the sunshine. How endearing. I only see him. For what he is. His special and quirky details always just blur out to the perfect person. I never see him coming. He always leaves when I wake. I can never make out what his intentions are, for treating me so right. Maybe it's all to make up not being here, when the sun shines.

Today was the 14th of February and as always I did not feel him wrap around me like he does when the moon softly glows. Instead when I had awoken, beside me, presents. Although they were wrapped like Christmas presents I felt my love for my lover grow, because even when he's not here. He still makes me unbelievably happy.

Story Version (Not Canon)

Staring out my window I watched as the snow fell gracefully. I longed for the touch of Bernard, and I didn't understand. February was the month of love, so why wasn't he with his lover more often around this time. Still though, I never got mad at him. He was busy and I get it.

Sighing, I looked to the hazy sky. Through the thick clouds I saw the lowering sun. It's beauty fading along with the light it provided.

"I missed you lots, Dollface"

My breath hitched. Yes, Bernard had always surprised me with his entrances, but I didn't expect him to come so early.

His hands always found their way around my waist even when the light was almost gone. Bernard comfortably set his head on my shoulder, he felt so cold. Almost like he'd been sleeping in the snow. I heard his teeth chatter "Bernard... you're so supposed to be warming me" I winced when his cold forehead hit my warmed neck. He spun me to face him, almost making me trip. Giving me butterfly kisses with his ever soft lips. It always confused how he managed to keep them soft. Whenever I went outside they chapped immediately. He gazed into my eyes and I felt myself blushing. Without any words further, he pulled me to my bed and caused me to fall into it. I was saved by my blankets and pillows. Bernard landed beside me and hugged me close, pulling my thickest blanket over us before I could comprehend it completely.

His teeth chattered again. "Sorry, Lovely. I had to do some stuff outside the workshop today so I know I'm a little cold. I missed you. I barely get to see you anymore... I'm sorry" he cupped my face in his frigid hands. He held my face up and I got a good look at him. Bernard had an apologetic look on his face. I saw some light ice melting on his eyelashes too.

After a moment of pause I sighed and chuckled a bit. "I guess it's okay"

His face lit up, he never wanted to anger me. His busy schedule almost always kept us apart, and it was hard to keep loving each other but we always found a way. Maybe we were just meant to be, in a weird way. "Do you want me to stay, Y/N?" He asked me with twinkles in his eyes. Bernard scanned my face, maybe to remember what I looked like. He always said he thought I looked like perfection itself.

"How about you stay until I wake up? Maybe until the afternoon?" I played with his hair as innocently I could, to maybe make him stay. He always needed to decline but seeing as it was February 13th, I thought he'd come around. After a quick pause he sighed, "Y/N, babe... I- I'm sorry-" I cut him off, "It's fine" I gave him a sad smile.

Bernard hugged me tighter than he had this visit and kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry, Lovely" I had a hard time forgiving him this time, but I came around. "I hate accommodating for you, Bear" I cuddled into his neck. I held back from crying, but he ended up cuddling me till I went to sleep. It was the best sleep I had in a while, because he was there holding me and reassuring me. He did it so well. I fought to stay awake though, I didn't want him to go like he did so many times before. Even in this chilled state though, he managed to put me to sleep, soundly.

☆ ☆ ☆

I heard myself groan and reach out in front of me. All I felt was the familiar feeling of the sheets and not his sweater. Opening my eyes I saw no Bernard but in his place were gifts. I chuckled the best I could for my drowsy self. They were wrapped like Christmas presents, but I knew they were for Valentine's Day. I sat up, yawning and then drawing my attention to them. On the middle one was a card. On it read.

"I hope these make you happy. I'm sorry for not being able to be there with you Y/N, but know that your love means everything to me
~ With love, B"

"How sweet" I felt myself smile. I felt a warm feeling all throughout me even in the cold weather. I touched my arms and I remembered how he held me so tenderly. He really does love me.

Author's Note~

Sadly this is the last chapter that I'm writing but as I've announced before one of my old fans offered to write the rest so go check out venusdidurmom They're really good so do go check them out! Also please please please leave suggestions for new books please! I like writing I swear 💀 have a great Valentine's Day my lovelys!