Chapter 1

Lucy was a beautiful, kind and friendly young girl at the age of 17 who was currently going to Fairy Tail Academy. She has been in the school for about 2 years now. She actually has a huge crush on Gray Fullbuster but know one knew about it except for her very best girlfriends which were Erza Scarlet and Levy McGarden. The school's most popular badass guy was Laxus Dreyar, the grandson of the Headmaster. (He comes up in the fanfiction later)

She was walking through the school gates when suddenly all her friend run up to her and ask her if she wanted to go to the local karaoke place after school was finished."Sure, I'd love to."

A few hours hours had passed and lucy was in her last lesson of the day. Lucy and the class had just walked in and sat down in their seats and talked to each other since the teacher was not here yet. Since Lucy sat next to the window only one person was next ot her, Gray. He started a conversation with Lucy, asking her about what she did during winter break.

"So what did you do during winter break?"

"Nothing really I just stayed at home. What did you do?"

"Oh, I just went skiing with my family, no big deal?" Gray said with a dull tone in his voice.

"Really, what's it like, i've never been skiing before."

"You've never been skiing before!" He said with a sudden shocked tone.

"Nope, never."

"Well, basically it's-" Gray suddenly stopped the converstion because the teacher came into the classroom. The teacher was Mr Gildarts Clive, but he insisted that everyone called him Gildarts.

"I'll tell you what it's like later."

Half an hour later

Lucy's POV:

We were currently half way through the lesson when suddenly Erza came in to the classroom. Erza was the class president.

"Sir, I need to bring Lucy to Mr Makarov's office." The whole class started to go "Ooooooo".

"OK, you can take her."

Gray asked me what happened. "I don't know." I answered. I stand up and walk over to Erza and we make our way to Mr Makarov's office.

"Hey Erza what's going on? Why do you have to take me to Makarov's office?"

"I don't know what's going on and I don't know why I have to take you to his office but all I know is that it is important and very urgent."

A few minutes later we arrived at Mr Makarov's office.

Normal POV:

"Sir, I have Lucy here with me do you want me to bring her in."

"Yes please Erza."   

Lucy walked in. "You wanted to see me sir."

"Yes Lucy, come in and take a seat. And do call me Gramps we are all family here in Fairy Tail."

"Ok, Gramps."

She sat down on the seat opposite Makarov's desk.

"You may or may not know this but I was a really good friend of your mother's and before she died she wanted me to give you a letter. She intrusted it to me because she knew that you would join Fairy Tail one day, I am now giving you this letter because I think that you are now ready to discover the truth. Here, take the letter."

She took the letter and opened it.