Chapter Eight

I think I'm taking this book too fast! I wanted a slow burn, maybe next time. Idk I think I just love to see my characters fall in love— get to the end already!

Tell me how you guys are feeling, I love feedback.

•••••••
The papers were signed, it was official. Santo was a married man. He and his wife Gabriella moved in together and there was an uncomfortable tension between the two. They didn't know each other, their marriage was not real— in the sense of love atleast. They had been married for a week now.

This one week had been hell for Saint, he couldn't get Iyesha out of his mind, her touch, her smell, her smile, her eyes, her body, just her. She was like a drug and he was feening.

He watched her every move, he saw everything she did in the day. Who came in her shop, where she went, he needed know if she was okay. He had placed a security detail on her, two of his best men followed her from afar, making sure to not be noticed or interfere with her too much.

But Iyesha wasn't stupid, she thought the gesture was cute. But two very scary men following her all day everyday wasn't something she had wished her.

"Santo. I don't need two men following me around. Send them home to their families please and thank you."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I don't need a babysitter, let alone two."
She sassed. She could hear him erupt in laughter.

"Then how can I see known you're your doing sweet girl? Hmm?"
Iyesha rolled her eyes.

"You don't need to know. You're married, focus on your wife sir."
She could tell that her comment struck a nerve.

She still didn't know how to feel about him making her almost fall in love with him and then getting married. Though the circumstances were messy saying she was hurt was an understatement.

"Your attitude is uncalled for. I do need to know, I need to know that you're safe."
His accent grew thick as his tone held venom.

"You can make sure I'm safe without having two soldiers follow me everywhere I go. You could call me or something."
She shrugged.

"Okay Iyesha. I will call you, but they will still follow you. Goodnight love."
She could never win with him.

"Goodnight Saint."
The call went out.

"Santo."
Gabriella tapped his shoulder as they sat in a family meeting. The joining of the two powerful families sprouted a lot of disagreements.

Santo was not paying attention to the meeting, or Gabriella tapping his shoulder.
"Saint!"
She whisper- yelled into his ear.

The look in his eyes as they met hers made her shrink in fear. Santo was a scary man, his whole entire aura was dominating— terrifying to those who didn't know him personally.

"Sorry."
Her eyes fell to her lap.

The meeting continued on and on, there was talk of expansion, combining their soldiers, who would be the new head of security. Santo's patience was wearing thin. His foot was patting from pure annoyance.

Hearing grown men whine about bullshit while their wives backed up each of their complaints made his ears bleed. Gabriella noticed his mood swings and placed a hand on his to calm him down.

It didn't do much of anything, but he allowed her to keep her hand over his.
"So how is my boy treating you? It's been a long week?"
Giuseppe inquired, making Santo's eye twitch.