Chapter Twenty- Five

NOT EDITED

THIRD PERSON
"You are as stubborn as a mule."
Iyesha huffed as she watched Santo continue to use the arm the doctor's had just told him not to use. If your arm was in a sling you would think you were not allowed to use it— right? Only Santo would act like the rules did not apply to him.

"Just come here, it doesn't hurt that much baby."
Santo as they lay in the bed, watching each other.

"No, I know what's you're trying to do. And it won't work out for you."
Iyesha said but Santo eyes traveled down her face and across her body.

The little night gown she wore did nothing to hide her from Santo's hungry gaze.
"What am I trying to do, hm?"
Iyesha rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm not fucking you."
Santo released a loud laugh.

"You make it sound so dirty, forbidden."
Iyesha rolled her eyes at him.

"It is, now let me sleep. Please. We have a busy day ahead of us."
Santo has a doctor's appointment tomorrow at the crack of dawn. Hopefully they would remove his stitches from his side and tell him he could return back to his regular routine.

Iyesha was hoping they would, when men are not well they act like huge children.

•••••••

IYESHA

"Santo raise your arm, let me put the ointment on right."
Santo was too busy trying to fuck me when he should be busy helping me get him ready to leave the house.

It had been a while, and as much as I missed the feeling of his hands on me I want him to focus.

Santo isn't used to being still for more than two seconds and getting shot in a way that limited his mobility has hendered his freedom. And though he acts like his is okay with listening to the doctor— he isn't.

For the last two months it has been a fight to get Santo to stop being so— I can't even put it into words. He hates depending on me, so he acts like a child. Though you think it would be the opposite.

"Santo."
Wiping my hands off on the bath towel beside me I take his face in my hands.

"It's almost over, just let me take care of you. You're making it hard to help you. If I can't help you— you won't get better. The doctor will not take your stitches out if you haven't healed properly."

His eyes flash and unreadable expression.
"I'm trying. I just don't like this."

A smile graces my lips.
"You're the most stubborn man I've ever met. Now can you lift your arm the right way please?"

He does and I can finally place the ointment against his wound. It looks pretty good, but the doctor's opinion is the only one that matters.

I could feel his breath on my neck as I pulled a sweat shirt over his head and pulled his good arm through the sleeve.

"If they remove these stitches today prepare to get no sleep tonight."
His words tickled my ear.

Our eyes met before I found something else to look at. No matter how long I've known this man, he can always make me feel like we first met. The butterflies, the nervousness, the tingles, everything.

The way his eyes stare back into mine make me feel such a pull, a connect that is only there with him.

"Don't get nervous now, sweet girl."

"We're going to be late."
My words comes out just above a whisper.

I can hear him chuckle behind me and I leave the closet and grab my purse from the bed.

Spinning around I see him place his gun in back of his pants.
"What car are you going to drive?"
He walks towards me before grabbing my hand, his finger ghosting a touch on my ring finger.

"The Tahoe."
He grunts a grunt of approval before I lead him towards the garage entrance in the house.

A comfortable silence falls over us as we get situated in the car, he still finds a way to make sure I don't touch a handle.

My gentleman.

And then we're off.

•••••••

"If everything checks out, we're going to be removing your stitches, Mr.Genovese."
Dr.Clark looked at him with nervous eyes.

Dr. Clark had been their family physician since before Santo was born but the Genovese family was just that terrifying.

"I need to you remove your shirt for me."
I quickly stood to help Santo remove his shirt.

The Doctor removed the sling from his arm and slightly lifted it to see the bullet wound that hindered his movement.

"The skin looks to not be so irritated surrounding the wound. Do you feel any tenderness when I apply pressure."
Santo shook his head as the doctor lightly pressed down on the wound.

"Mhmm— have you been following my orders to keep this arm as still as possible? As I told you if you moved this arm too much you would bother the wound on your side."

"No he has not—"
I quickly butt in.

But a look in Santo's eyes tells be that I will regret that sooner rather than later.

"Yes I have, my wife even makes sure I keep the area clean and my ointment is placed in appropriately."

Liar.

The doctor nods before smiling in my direction.
"He's lucky to have someone who cares."

"I am a blessed man."
The corner of Santo's mouth tilts up, trying to fight the smirk threatening to break out in his face.

"I'll have the nurse come in and numb that area up before we remove the stitches. It's usually painless, but we just want to insure your comfort."
Santo nods as the doctor exits the room but his eyes stay locked on mine.

"You deserve a punishment for your actions just then- huh?"
I don't answer and instead roll my eyes, knowing that he hates that.

"A brat with an attitude problem, perfect. I'm going fuck that attitude right out of you."
I am saved by the nurse entering with a numbing paste.

Short and sweet. I would apologize for my absence but I'm literally gonna disappear again lol.

Love ya!
Until next time,
S.C 😚💕