Chapter Nineteen

NOT EDITED

Third Person

In her messy bun and one of Luciano's big tee shirts she looked adorable, the frown on her lips was evident as she stared Santo in his eyes.

"Can you please come back home?"
He was a step closer to getting down his knees to beg her for her forgiveness.

"I am home, now can you please move— Luci is coming up with my things."
Santo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and anger.

"Why is he coming up here? And your things from where?"
He asked question after question as Iyesha tried to keep herself together.

"Because he doesn't think that I'm a whore."
She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Iyesha, I'm really sor-"
She cut him off quickly.

"I heard you the last 100 times you said it, but I don't care Saint—"
He cringed as she said his name.

"I don't."
Snatching the cross from her neck along with the rose quartz she threw them at his feet.

"I'm a whore? I'm not grateful? I annoy you? Okay. I'll be all of those things as long as you leave me alone and never come back."
She spoke with as much venom as he had spoken to her with the day before.

He had never heard her speak so harshly.
Luciano stood just outside of the door listening to it all go down.

"Iyesha-"
She held her hand up.

"I'm not done! What did you say? 'Do you want to be kidnapped and beaten again for days on end' That's what you said to me. Do you know how that made me feel?"

He stayed silent.
"Do you?!"
She yelled as tears rushed down her face.

"Your sorries cannot fix this Santo. You say sorry each time you fuck up and I let you back in. But not this time. This isn't what I want."

His piercing blue eyes stared deep in the windows of her soul. And he knew.

He had lost her.

His heart thumped viscously in his chest as he wanted to do was hold her, touch her, kiss her, love her. But he had lost her, and there was no one other to blame— but himself.

A knock sounded at the door. It was Luciano with Aiden and Victor behind him. All men carried boxes of her belongings in their arms.
"Are we interrupting?"
Luciano asked with a hint of amusement as he saw the two discarded necklaces at Santo's feet.

"No, he's leaving."
Iyesha quickly and turned and wiped the falling tears from her eyes. Her whimpers could still be heard as she ascended into her bedroom.

Victor and Aiden excused themselves leaving Luciano and Santo alone. The two stared each other up and down and the tension swirled around the air, choking them both.

"You don't deserve her, I hope she leaves you."
Luciano shrugged as he sat down the boxes he was holding.

"I don't? And what— you do?"
Santo scuffed loudly.

"All I'm going to say is, if she were mine she wouldn't have to worry about calling another to pick her up because I don't know how to control my temper. She wouldn't have to worry about me throwing her trauma in her face, or me calling her out of her name.

Or marrying someone else."
Luciano's smirk grew with each sentence which ticked Santo off even more.

Santo's nostrils flared and before Luciano knew it, Santo had tackled him to the ground. The cousins threw punch after punch, jab after jab. Neither were satisfied until they saw blood.