𝟏𝟎.𝟐𝟐 * 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄

Shivering a little, Yeonjun stood in front of the stove, boiling water for tea, while his boyfriend sat on the couch, wrapped in blankets

Shivering a little, Yeonjun stood in front of the stove, boiling water for tea, while his boyfriend sat on the couch, wrapped in blankets. Looking at this picture, the older almost felt like he was having a dejavú, and he couldn't help smiling slightly when he finally leaned against the wall separating living room from hallway. "Why are you smiling?" asked Beomgyu, who had not taken his eyes off Yeonjun. He still couldn't get the situation in the hospital out of his mind. It was incomprehensible to him that he had ended up with Soobin's brother, of all people.

And said brother shrugged his shoulders.

"Because you're sitting there just like you were back then," Yeonjun replied, crossing his arms in front of his chest as his gaze slid from the tousled mane to the toes peeking out from the pile of blankets.

Beomgyu smiled at that, too.

"Maybe a bath wouldn't be a bad idea either," he said, pulling the ends of the blankets more over his torso. "This time, though, I promise I won't splash water on your face."

Yeonjun laughed, because he remembered it well. Then he pushed himself off the wall again and went to the bathroom to put hot water in the bathtub. Then he returned to the stove and watched the water boil. "You can take a bath and I'll make you something to eat in the meantime," he then said in a hushed voice, not knowing if Hwasa had come home in the meantime or was still at work. She had finally decided to go to work for a few hours after the search to make up for the time she had taken off.

With a deep sigh, the ash blonde leaned back on the couch. "You don't have to cook," he finally said, not wanting Yeonjun to go to such trouble. Of course he was hungry, but he could have cooked himself something.

"I'm sure you didn't eat anything," Yeonjun said, "unless you don't like my cooking."

Pouting a bit, he looked in the ash blond's direction. "Then I'll make you instant Ramyeon." He was already opening the top box where a few more packets were stacked.

Beomgyu snorted.

"Don't be silly. Of course I like your food," he fended off, avoiding his gaze. Even if Yeonjun served him rat poison, he would have eaten it. Only he still felt incredibly guilty and didn't want to be a burden to the older one. With another sigh, he peeled himself out of the blankets and stood up to walk to the bathroom, but in the doorway he paused once more and turned to face the black-haired boy. Uncertainly, he held onto the doorframe with his left hand and stared awkwardly at the floor. "Can I ...," he began quietly as a little mouse, "can I visit Soobin tomorrow?"