𝟏𝟐.𝟐𝟓 * 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐔𝐒

The hospital was a walk away and Beomgyu hadn't even let go of Yeonjun's hand

The hospital was a walk away and Beomgyu hadn't even let go of Yeonjun's hand. The cars were even worse for him today than usual and he winced at every honk and squeal of wheels. His heart was beating incredibly fast the closer they got to the building and Yeonjun was nervous too, not knowing what he was in for.

Was it another panic attack?

Would Beomgyu feel terrible afterwards?

He didn't want to do it to his darling, at the same time he knew that it could only get better if he faced it.

He didn't know how he would react when he saw that Soobin was still tied to the bed at the moment.

That was why the two of them walked past the reception desk to the elevator with their stomachs aching a bit. As they did so, Yeonjun kept stroking the younger man's hand. "If it gets too much, just pull my sleeve like you always do. Okay?" he asked as he tugged his tangled bangs.

"Okay," Beomgyu breathed out in response, holding onto the latter's elbow with one hand as they got into the elevator to go to the second floor. This time, the hospital corridor was much busier than the last time he had visited. But Soobin's parents were not to be found. Also missing was Taehyun's red mop of hair, which the 21-year-old, along with Soobin himself, was probably most afraid of. But as they approached the door to his then-best friend's room, Beomgyu let go of Yeonjun's sleeve, hiding behind the broad back instead.

The taller one reached back with both hands, trudged forward somewhat cautiously with the spider monkey at his back, causing some people to give them confused looks, and stopped in front of the door to turn to face him. "Take a deep breath," Yeonjun said first, leading the way for Beomgyu to imitate him. "You can do this," he said firmly, "I'm here, I'm not leaving."

Nodding, the younger man stayed behind as Yeonjun opened the door. Still, he tried to catch a glimpse over the latter's shoulder of Soobin, who was just getting help from a nurse to sit on the wheelchair.

Beomgyu's heart slipped at the sight.

Why the hell did Soobin need a wheelchair?

Couldn't he walk anymore?