Stupid Humans

* Sylvie's Office *

Rem and Shera were sitting on the couches while Raphael stood in front of the coffee table with Sylvie sitting on her chair with her hands on her desk.

"I'm sorry for not knowing that the quest was a trap."

"It does not matter, Sylvie, none of us are hurt."

"Ah, alright... well, I know you just completed a quest but this is a commission for you directly."

Rem then said.

"Someone specifically requested for Librarian?"

Shera interjected.

"How do we know if this isn't another trap?"

"Well just to tell you, this is from Celestine herself."

"Wait... from Celes?"

"Not to mention the reward is huge compared to what the quest asks for you to do."

"Hm, if this is some form of repayment for what the boy did then so be it."

'I didn't expect any reparations but it is fine. "

"I would imagine so."

Rem looked down, clearly uncomfortable.

"I- I won't be going. I won't take a quest with an unnecessarily high reward."

'Hm... discipline. '

"But in all honesty, we need this. We have little to no money in the first place so why don't we take it?"

"Well, the mission is simple and easy so having only both of you go is enough."

"What do you say, Librarian?"

"Then so be it, but Rem shall acquire my fee. If you don't want to come with us than so, be it, stay in the city."

"I- I will..."

"Alright, so it's just you and Shera, then? That settles it, I'm counting on you!"

* Stairs to the First Floor *

"Does Celes really think I would take such a quest? It's a reparation just from her using her name, hm!"

Rem started walking down with Shera following, Raphael looked at them with a thought in his mind.

'In Celestine's part, I find no wrong in her actions, rightfully so but the amount maybe a little high for what happened.'

Raphael then went to follow Shera and Rem. As Raphael walked, someone called to him.

"Hey, warlock. It's you right? The one they've been talking about in town recently. Are you those rumors?"

A man with blonde hair and gold-plated armor said.

"E- Emile?!"

"E- Emile?!"

Rem said with Shera looking at Rem and Emile.

'Rumors? What rumors? '

"What rumors, boy?"

"I heard of a giant grey man with a mysterious staff walking around with two collared women in tow. It's said that he uses those women as his playthings."

It couldn't be seen because of his helmet but Raphael was furious, out of all the Chaos Gods, he hated Slaanesh the most, because of what they did with Fulgrim and the Emperor's Children, especially what part of emotions Slaanesh preys upon.

'Calm down... NOW! '

"Wait, before you do anything, Librarian. Emile is known to be the strongest that the Adventurer's Guild has."

"Exactly! My name is Emile Bichelberger! I'm the Guild's greatest, level 50, Superhuman Warrior!"

Emile's aura radiated a sort of yellow, like that of a mix of pride and joy. This all stopped when an aura of dark-purple that made everything it touched cold, this was the aura of a pariah, everything, from emotions to even that of magic was being distorted and some even taken and sucked.

"You call yourself a superhuman? You are nothing but a standard man pretending to be like men like me... YOU STAIN THE WORD SUPERHUMAN! YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT MY BROTHERS AND I ARE!

Emile tried his best but his despair got the better of him.

"We-well see here mo-monster! Re-release both Re-Rem and She-Shera and you won't feel my wra-wrath!"

"THEN COME FACE ME LIKE THE SUPERHUMAN YOU CALL YOURSELF!"

Emile got into a stance and prepared to slash with another yellow aura forming around him, he prepared to slash but Emile took a glance at Raphael and saw a black beast, no... not just a beast but a monster, a monster that was beaten and chained with discipline and patience yet it was going wild, prepared to kill Emile with a single punch if given the chance.

Emile immediately cancelled his first attack and prepared a new one.

"Alps Fall!"

Emile raised his sword in the air and for a few moments, the sword gathered as much aura as possible. Raphael stood there, keeping the beast his rage was forming into. Then Emile rushed to Raphael and his sword had fallen to strike Raphael's head.

Blinding light was formed from the impact, Rem and Shera used their hands to protect their eyes from burning from the light.

"Wha-What?!"

Raphael stood there, unscathed. Emille, Shera and Rem were shocked, the strongest attack of the strongest adventurer in the Guild, couldn't scathe the armor of Raphael.

"You are nothing."

Raphael then punched Emille; his body flew to some boxes. A few seconds passed then Emille got up, using his sword to hold him up, his forehead was red with his blood going down his face.

"Alright, thi- this time I- I won't ho- hold back!"

Rem and Shera went to Emille, holding up.

"Just stop and listen to me, Emille."

"Do- don't abandon hope, Rem, I'll-"

"You don't understand, just listen to me first."

"Al- alright."

Rem and Shera then laid Emille down on the floor with Shera using healing magic on Emille while Rem explained to Emille how Shera and her have collars.

"In other words, the enslavement ritual collar is on my neck because of my own failure. It's hard to say this but thanks for trying to save us but you're just jumping to conclusions."

Emille had recovered with Shera's magic; he was now standing in front of Rem and Shera with Raphael behind them.

"Oh, *laughs* thank goodness! My bad, warlock. What was your name?"

"Librarian."

"Well, my name is Emille Bichelberger. If you ever need my strength, you can call me anytime! Though I think your power is already enough to protect you, just know that you may call me for assistance."

"Is that so?"

"Let's meet again, my friend!"

Raphael groaned.

'Ignorant, blabbering, boy! '

"I'm sorry you had that misunderstanding because of us, Librarian."

"It does not concern me."

"Emille isn't a bad person; he just acts first and talks later. He comes from good intentions."

"Just don't let it happen again."