Her Funeral

The black procession heads to the mausoleum. Mr. Joseph Covenant sheds bitter tears on his daughter Bethany's shoulder. Her twin, Aaron, is trembling beside her, his face wet. Bethany's gaze is agony, her face distorted in a sad grimace, but dry. Ambrose, the youngest of the brothers, is one of the bearers of the coffin. He mourns for his youngest sister and carries her coffin as a sacred thing. Jeremiah, the eldest, stands away from Aaron and Bethany, his face as pale as a ghost's. He senses evil. And it's his fault.

Lizbeth is dressed in her most beautiful white dress. Her beautiful blue eyes are now closed and she looks as if she is asleep. Her body is very weak and fragile. She is exhausted from the disease, but has not lost her beauty. For now.
She lies quietly, locked in her coffin, waiting for her moment. Bloodthirsty thoughts swirl in her undead mind. She will wait. One hour, one day, one year. Eternity, if necessary. She will wait for her king.
The bearers place the coffin in the right place, next to that of Lady Eveline, Lizbeth's mother. She has died at the birth of the dead young mistress.
Ambrose, who is usually unrestrained and rude, pulls a red rose out of his black tuxedo and places it on his sister's coffin. Then he locks the door of the mausoleum and everyone leaves.
Jeremiah remains inside for a while, listening to the ominous whisper that only he can hear. Then he comes out, still looking like a ghost.

Lizbeth opens her eyes and looks around. She realizes she is in a coffin and is dead. She does not need oxygen to breathe. She raises her hands and breaks the lid of the coffin. She is surprised by her own strength. In fact, Lizbeth's power is enough to break the stone door of the tomb and distort the bars of the other barrier. She goes outside, followed by her howling servants. She used to be afraid of them, seeing them in her possessed dreams. Ironically, they are now serving her.

Now Lizbeth is not beautiful. Her fingernails and toenails are long, her teeth are razor sharp, and her dress is torn so she can run.
She approaches Evaline's tomb, returning to the mausoleum. Lizbeth breaks her mother's stone door and coffin. Evaline's body is almost decomposed. The daughter lays her fearsome hand on her mother. Her voice is hoarse and high at the same time.
"I didn't know you in my life, mother. Let me know you in my death," Lizbeth speaks.
"Rise, oh, dead corpse. Rise from the dead."
Lizbeth watches in anticipation. There is great sadness in her bloodthirsty eyes. For a moment, she becomes the innocent young lady again.

Eveline moves and stands up. She is now completely under the control of her daughter.
Lizbeth licks her lips. The monster is back. She summons her demon dogs.  Lizbeth leaves the mausoleum, walking next to her mother. The Howlers follow them.

A gardener is picking up tools in the shed next to the Covenant mansion. A dark shadow creeps up behind him and he doesn't even have time to scream. She pounces on him and drives her teeth into his flesh. His lifeless body falls to the ground, and Lizbeth's demonic howl is heard in the moonless night. The Howlers drag his body in the catacombs of a nearby abandoned monastery that had appeared in her dreams.