Chapter 2

"The best way to predict your future is to create it."

-Abraham Lincoln

☘☘☘☘☘

I awoke quickly when my mom barged into my room, already decked out with her beautiful blonde hair tied up in a ponytail and hands on her waist.

"C'mon Hunny", It's a five-hour flight and a three-hour drive to your new school. Everything is already packed in the car. Get ready let's move. She was beaming with joy, it seems my mom is more excited than I am at this point.

"Okay, mom." I sighed. I rose to my feet and went into my bathroom. I take a good look at myself in the half-length mirror in front of me.

Oh no, I look like shit.

My jet black hair which I got from my dad is a tangled mess. My baggy eyes prove the sleepless night of yesterday. I quickly brush my teeth, wash down, and wore color block elastic joggers, with a white tube and hoodie. After I quickly dash downstairs. Didn't want my mom coming in here again.

I took one last look at myself in a half-length mirror in the living area.

"Damn girl you look good"

After I went into the kitchen for my breakfast.

"So, are you ready for school?" My mom asked.

"Yes, I'm going to do my best to make you guys proud mom " I replied with confidence.

I don't know if it's just me but she didn't seem to feel all the nervous energy around the room. After we had our breakfast, I took a long look at my home which was my protective shell and got into the car ready to leave. When we got to the airport, we checked in and got ready for our flight.

 When we got to the airport, we checked in and got ready for our flight

"Thank God mom is coming with me " I silently breathe out.

I slept during the whole flight. After the plane landed we checked out and there was a car ready to take us to the college.

Finally, we arrived at the college. After eight whole hours, I made it.

King's University has a beautiful campus covered in small and large trees with green, orange, and yellow leaves. The grass is still vibrant green. The sun is shining down bright into the tall buildings with a clear blue sky. With different building architecture styles for the dorms. It was breathtaking, one can see students taking pictures with their iPhones and tripods.

Soo obvious they were the first-year students

Guess they will be posting it on famous apps like TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.