Chapter 10

Moments become memories and people become lessons. That's life.

- Rithvik Singh

☘☘☘☘☘

Last night was one of the happiest unforgettable nights for me. Gray made me happy and I loved every moment we spent together. Despite the Jessi problem, I don't regret anything that happened. Today is our last day here so we are going to make the most out of it.

"Good morning Liya"

"Good morning Gray"

"So where are you taking me today," I asked with excitement in my voice.

"I'm sorry Aaliyah I can't take you out as promised", I have an important business meeting with a friend today.

"Oh that's okay, what time will you be back, I can wait for you, then maybe we grab something together in the evening.

"Liya I'm sorry, I won't be back today and I have already arranged for someone to take you back to campus," I promise to make it up to you okay.

I was about to reply when we heard someone knock on the door and Gray went to check.

"Gray who's this?" I heard a girl ask

"Jesse meet Aaliyah a friend I met at Miami"

"Aaliyah meets Jessica, my colleague "

"Hi," I said looking away

"Hello" you look familiar have we met before.

"Maybe at my birthday party" Gray answered

"Is she coming with us to my party? "

"Party? I repeated confused looking at Gray"

"No" I heard him say.

"Umm, I should get going" I slip past him outside without looking back.

I kept breaking my own heart willingly walking through rose gardens when all I was looking for were sunflowers fields.

When I got back to campus, I cut myself off from almost everyone I knew on campus for the next few days, including the girls. They tried to comfort me upon finding out what happened but I told them not to bother and just give me my space. I wasn't going to bother them with my relationship issues again. I told Gray I needed some space and was glad he respected that.

"Hey." Noelani and Elsa came into my room in the middle of the night.

"We haven't talked in a bit..."

"I know you told us to leave you alone but we don't want you to go through this together "

"I'm sorry," I breathe, noticing their crestfallen face. I reach forward and hug them.

"I didn't want you guys to see me like this.

"It's okay Aaliyah," they mumbled.

I tried my best to move on for the next few weeks. Final year exams are not far away and my parents and I have been talking about what I'm going to do after college.

After avoiding Gray for some time. I finally got the courage to talk to him. We decided to meet at my place in the evening.

I ran into his arms when I saw him walk right into my room.

Oh god I miss him soo much

"I miss you."

"I miss you too".