Chapter 5

"Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid of standing still.

- Chinese Proverb

☘☘☘☘☘

End of sophomore year

"Okay everyone you've done great, we'll have a test next week" Elsa smiles at me as we all rise from our seats.

"C'mon" Elsa winks over at me, it's good to be in the same class with one of the girls. Elsa is nice and bubbly she also helps me with the partner work, I was so thankful she partnered up with me in class every day so I didn't have to go with the others.

We walk out of the class and went to a cafe to meet up with the other girls. When we got there Maya and Noelani were already sitting at our favorite booth.

"How was your day, girls" asked

"It was good," Elsa said

"How was yours?"

"It was fine" just too much final year project Maya sighed.

The last few weeks were hectic but we helped each other pull through. I wasn't in a good mood this morning on my way to lectures, I walk around the corner just to see Max kissing another girl. I stand there watching him. They were practically eating each other's faces. I run in the opposite direction to class. Last I heard he's dating again, But I won't let it get to me. It's good I got a part-time job at the library and since I love reading books. it wasn't a big deal to me.

On Friday night during my shift at the library. The place got less busy, so I decided to search for a book I need for my history assignment. It's been almost an hour and I still can't find it.

"Where the hell is this book", I say under my breath frustratedly. I can't find it anywhere in this big-ass library and they have like 15 copies of every book. Can't believe it, just when you need a particular book then boom they are all gone.

Just when I turned around to give up and leave. There stood the Korean guy I remember from my class standing behind me. His smooth skin shining and chocolate eyes blazing with his long hair tied in a small ponytail made cutely.

"HeHe'sute"

"Umm thanks" I heard him say while Scratching the back of his head.

"Oops did I say that out loud?"

"You did," he said with a smirk

I have never been this close to him even though we are in the same class. I look down at what was in his hand, the history book I was looking for.

"I think you were looking for this one", he says smiling at my expression.

"Yeah", I say hesitating. But don't you also need it though.

"You can have it first."

"T-thank you", I say stuttering and grabbing the book from his hand. he gives me a wink before walking away.

The next day is Saturday so I decided to go to the library in the morning to work on my assignment before anything. I got my books and snacks ready. Just when I opened the book to work on my assignment. I found a sticker with a number written on it and it says,

 I found a sticker with a number written on it and it says,