help me

I know nothing about all the medical stuff that's in here, I just searched it up. Most likely none of it is correct. Don't try this at home and call a doctor if you need medical attention.

A week later, Tony woke with a groan. Rhodey and Mary had convinced him to get some sleep. He finally agreed and now he was on a regular sleep schedule. Today, he had woken up refreshed despite the pain. His condition was getting worse by the hour, it seemed, and everything hurt.

Blinking against the harsh morning light, Tony debated getting up and doing something productive or just staying in bed and wallowing in his depression.

It wouldn't matter, he figured. What's one more day to waste if he had nothing to live for and was literally dying, for heaven's sake. Besides, he was comfortable. His bed was warm and the pillows were just right. Maybe he could just stay here for a bit...

Mary and Peter's faces suddenly ran through his mind and Tony puffed out a breath of air, running his hands down his face. He loved them, yes, but he thought that the more distance he put between them, the less it would hurt when he left.

Dropping his arms and eagle-spreading his limbs, Tony turned his head to look at his calendar. It was fuzzy at first, but as it came into focus, a large red circle caught his eyes, right below a row of black X's.

Oh, right, he was going to die in a week. It was September sixth, exactly one week before September thirteenth.

Tony exhaled deeply. Well, if he wasn't doing anything, he might as well drop by Stark Industries and make sure everything was in order. His CEO, Pepper Potts, probably had everything covered but Tony just wanted to make sure. He had already talked with a 'really good lawyer' (that he didn't really trust) over the phone and got his final Will all sorted out. But seriously, there was definitely something off about that guy. He should probably go just to make sure his affairs were in order.

Finally deciding to get up, Tony gathered his thoughts and pushed himself upright, grimacing against his body's protests.

It felt like he had woken the day after a strenuous workout, except that he hadn't actually worked out since the car crash. Everything was sore and today, his chest hurt more than usual. Sitting up and swinging his legs off the side of the bed, Tony shook out his left arm, then rolled the same arm. His left arm was bugging him a bit but he literally and metaphorically shrugged it off.

Still too tired to function properly, Tony reached for his painkillers. He dumped the last few pills out into his palm and counted. Six would get him through the day at least.

Not caring if he overdosed, Tony quickly swallowed the six pills, reminding himself that he'd have to buy more soon.

Letting the medicine do its thing, Tony relaxed his tense muscles as the pain he had grown used to finally subsided. Standing up, he walked to his wardrobe and found an outfit to wear to his business.

Dark grey slacks with a matching grey suitcoat and a nice white dress shirt. White socks, black dress shoes, and a blue tie to complete the look.

Slipping his pants on, Tony got lost in his mind. He didn't particularly want to dress up all fancy and stuff, but he figured it would be unacceptable to show up at such a prestigious company like Stark Industries in sweatpants, a baggy shirt, and bunny slippers, even if he was Tony Stark and about to die, on top of all that.

An hour later, Tony walked into the SI lobby, dark sunglasses resting on his nose and a styrofoam cup of steaming coffee in one hand. Tony knew that he looked confident, healthy, and happy. Shaving had definitely helped, even if his hair was a bit longer than it usually was.