Smooch (Next 4 days)

More snippets of past to piece into the puzzle. Friendly spar leading to something more and blue flames.

Finally some physical development 3

Enjoy~

I made up all these seastone symptoms just so that Marco can't heal and fly off the next day while giving them time to interact, even if maybe 2 weeks was too long. Pretty proud of that :). Also I wanted to just make Luffy say Yes and go with him but that's too easy and what would happen to his lovely island right.

__________

It's been 2 days since Marco sent the message, he hoped it would ease their worries slightly and forgive him for being selfish and staying here instead of going with Shanks. He woke up to see the raven next to him, they ended up sharing the bed now. Luffy had said, 'Ahh, who cares it's big enough and you slept with me when you were a bird anyway, what's the difference?' and dragged him to bed. It made him smile, he truly enjoyed the teens company but he was getting slightly antsy and he wants to know what happened to Thatch. He absentmindedly stroked the teens hair as he thought of yesterday, they went to the forest again and he met the animals as a human this time. They were aggressive at first but eventually accepted him. There was also that part where they probably said something which made the teen blushed furiously, but the raven wouldn't tell him what the animals had said.

Then they talked as they sat in the forest, and he found out Luffy had been able to understand and communicate with animals since he could talk and not because of his devil fruit. He told him that they don't actually speak sentences more like project feelings that he interprets but animals can actually understand most humans words. Luffy doesn't like hunting animals he talked to, which was why he bought meat instead of hunting here.

Luffy also revealed that he was a slave for 4 years and an assassin for 3, as a slave he was mostly thrown into fighting rings but once they found out he could sing they made him learn music instruments and would beat him up if he failed. Marco frowned hearing that, who the hell beat up kids to learn something but surprisingly the raven just laughed and said at least he got to learn something as a slave. 'Only you would think that way yoi,' Marco thought fondly. He also told him he became an assassin at 14 once they found out he could fight and communicate with animals, many high ranking officers were told to train him, one of them was Mihawk. They wanted him to be a weapon, though the raven still didn't tell him about the deal and exchanges he made yet. The teen also told him he hid most of his devil fruit powers exposing only 1 tail which he had when he was kidnapped, that one enhanced his senses. Apparently he gained more tails over time as he grew but kept them a secret from his 'owners'. His natural healing properties came with the fruit abilities so they thought it was just a normal zoan which Marco thought was smart for a kid. Luffy told him that he could grow any lost organs slowly, as long as he stayed alive during that period. 'They had made me do a partial transformation and dug out my eyes a few times because it was pretty for 'collection',' Luffy told him bitterly. Marco was horrified at that and clenched his hands so hard he drew blood. Thankfully he is a very rational guy or he might've just flown up there to slaughter them all and he's pretty sure he'll have his full family's support.

Luffy woke up and leaned to the blond's hand slightly which was still brushing his hair. He turned around and saw that Marco was frowning, 'why's he frowning?' He mused and used his thumb to rub his frown away causing the blond to look at him.

Luffy didn't know why but he felt comfortable and safe around Marco that he actually told him stuff that he usually learned to keep as a secret. He just hopes he won't come to regret it one day, they had talked and the blond was just a good listener. He always looked emotionless and calm but Luffy could notice the small frown and twitches sometimes when he's angry or annoyed or the small lazy smiles that make Luffy's stomach flip. He honestly loves teasing and annoying the pirate to get a reaction on purpose, 'sometimes'. They spent time together since there were only the 2 of them here and he hadn't interacted that closely with anyone, he brought the blond to meet his animal friends and introduced them. They couldn't accept the new human and took some convincing before they warmed up to him. Some of the animals implied that Marco was his mate (protectcaremate) which made him blush furiously. But Luffy also noticed that recently the pirate was getting antsy, he missed his family and was worried. He was happy that Marco decided to stay with him for a little longer but he felt bad for keeping him away from his family and he knew that they would have to part eventually. So Luffy was gonna enjoy the little time they had left.