The End??

Natasha's POV:

A few months had past after all the unfortunate events. I laid in my shared bed with Steve within the compound, simply watching his peaceful state as he slept. I adored seeing him like this, that usual crease between his eyebrows gone, as he inhaled and exhaled slowly.

"Love is for children" I quietly chuckle at my thoughts from long ago. I knew little would very likely wake the soldier, having been trained for almost a century to respond to the slightest disturbances.

I realize now that love is the most beautiful thing a human can commit to, the bravest thing we were all put on this earth to do. I knew I was foolish, and the hurt I caused along the way trying to figure that out- I'll never forgive myself for.

But the happiness I've found now I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

Steve began to stir slightly, that crease forming once again as he began to wake.

"Are you watching me sleep?" He mumbles with his raspy morning voice, without even opening his eyelids.

"Maybe.." I smile, tracing my fingers along his cheekbone.

"Well that's a bit creepy, don't ya think?" He smirks slightly, his brooklyn drawl coming through in his tired tone.

"Maybe." I laugh, watching as his eyes flutter open, it really isn't fair for him to have nicer eyelashes than me.

He stares into my eyes, blue meets green, and I can honestly say that moments like these make my heart grow 3x it's size. I almost hate myself for becoming as cheesy as Steve Rogers.

"What'cha thinking about." He questions, playing with my longer red locks, he always said he wanted to see me with longer hair. The things I would do for this man.

"You, how lucky I am for things to have worked out the way they did. Although I'd never do it again considering all the trauma I put everyone through." I laugh slightly, casting my eyes downwards toward the comforter.

"Hey look at me," Steve says sternly, lifting my chin up to meet his gaze, "Hydra, the KGB, they did this, not you. And I know for a fact everyone on the team would do it over and over again if it meant having you where you're meant to be, having you home." Steve states matter of factly, staring me down intensely.

"Ok Mr.Cheesy." I laugh uneasily.

"I will be the cheesiest person alive if that makes you hear and understand the weight of my words."

"Wow, speeches really are your thing."

"I guess so." He laughs lightly.

"I can't believe we got all of this," I gesture between the two of us, "From a stupid truth or dare game Tony made us play." I laugh as Steve joins me.

"Yeah, it really is hard to believe, but I can't fathom that I would actually thank Tony for something as stupid as a party game." Steve responds with humour lacing his voice.

I hum lightly as I grab onto his muscled torso, "Can we stay in bed all day." I whine, rolling onto Steve.

"Whatever you want doll." He hums, my head laying on his chest as I hear the vibrations of his words, "What is it exactly you have in mind?" He asks suggestively.

"Get your mind out of the gutter Rogers, I say I've taken your innocence away." I laugh, lifting my head up to look at him through my eyelashes.

"Yeah well, some things don't last forever." He smirks as he captures my lips with his.

Let's just say events transpired...

A/N:

Hey lovelies! I can't believe I finally got out of my serious long term depression to actually write something!!! I'm so sorry, you guys deserved somewhat of an ending and as much as this sucks, I wanted to give you all something. It's fucking crazy though, I started this book at 15 and now i'm 18, and ai never thought it would go like this. I now have over 100k reads and I couldn't be more goddamn thankful for each and every one of you. You guys are the only reason that motivates me to write at sucky times like this. But I hope you all have the best 2022, and I hope to begin writing some more soon 🤍 ily all so much,

Ella East ❤️