Chapter Nine.

I sipped on my orange juice and listened to the weather playing in the living room. My phone buzzed a few times, indicating there was a call incoming. I checked the caller ID and answered as I saw Alphys' icon.

"Heyo?" I said into the phone. I heard some fumbling and a loud voice in the background telling her to stay still.

"L-Leah, I can't make it into work." She coughed slightly.

I set my drink down and sighed internally as I waited for her to continue.

"I-I think it's a cold." Alphys explained, "w-we can just keep the museum closed un-until I can help-"

"And make no money?" I said, feeling my dream slip away.

Alphys stayed silent and I could tell she was thinking hard by adjusting her glasses for a few moments as if she had a difficult decision to make. Keeping the museum was harder and harder everyday. I laid my head on my hand and groaned, "can we do this?"

"I-I don't know." She stammered.

I felt a small tear in my eye and I wiped it away quickly, "let's just keep trying for awhile. If we really fall down money wise then we... we can sell it."

"S-sell it?"

"If we get too far into debt, we're fu... we're screwed." I cleared my throat.

She sighed, her own voice choking up, "I kno-know. There's al-already a few buyers interested. Al-always have been."

"We'll just wait and see." I assured.

She agreed then coughed away from the phone again, "I'm g-gonna get some rest."

"Okay." I nodded and hung up, not wanting to talk anymore.

My dreams felt like they were slipping away by lack of all this money. All we needed to do is get the new expansion. That's all we need. Right?

I took one last sip of my orange juice and cleared my throat.

"All the stuff is at the museum, I'll just go down there and work on the prop." I smiled to myself. I went into my bedroom and decided since it would be just me, I didn't need to get dressed up. I put on a crop top and some old shorts that were frankly not appropriate for much. I brushed my hair out and didn't bother to put it up and left it slightly fuzzy.

Once putting some flipflops on and grabbing my purse, I headed out to the car and hummed a little tune.

"Alright, Leah. Alright, alright, alright." I mumbled to myself and backed out of the driveway.

***

"Shit!" I yelled, nicking my fingers with the pipe cutters, "why are these so strong?" I threw some scrap pipe in the garbage. I decided to make the upper body only and then looked at the blueprint I made. I focused on making the spine, using wire to model the thing middle and then pipe through it. One I created the spine, I started bending wire to make the ribs.

"We don't talk about Bruno..." I sang softly as I worked, "nonono.."

My phone rang a few times, making me jump from the vibrations on my butt. I grabbed it and put it on speaker, "Hello?"

"HUMAN!"

"Papyrus? How'd you get my number?" I slipped some pipe through the wire. I felt it poke my palm. My hands were slightly stained with blood from all the tiny gashes and looked like I had been butchering a small squirrel.

The pipes had bloody fingerprints, something I could wipe off with bleach.

"FRISK GAVE IT TO ME! OUCH- Undyne-" It sounded like he put the phone away from his mouth.