Chapter Thirty-Six

"What do you mean it's just like human semen?" I asked. My hands rubbing my eyes. We had been in his room in the dark for twenty minutes as he tried to explain the chances of pregnancy.

"did you just expect I can turn that off?" Sans asked. I watched the ceiling and sighed. Every time he blinked, the room got darker as his glowing pupils were covered with his 'eyelids'.

"I-I don't know what you can or can't do." I admitted and turned on my side. "My profession is skeletons not magic skeletons."

Sans gave a chuckle, out of nervousness no doubt, and pulled me closer to him.

"look, Leah, I dunno if it can even work on humans." Sans assured. That made me a little sad if we could never have kids but I let out a breather again and nodded in silence. I then cuddled closer and laid my head on his chest.

"it'll be ok. I'm here for you always."

Closing my eyes I smiled at his words and decided that I'm finally safe and now I can worry about everyday things rather than just a stalker.

***

The next morning was a bit rough to get up to. My back slightly hurt but that didn't stop me from wanting to cause some trouble with Sans.

Surprisingly, he wasn't sleeping but on his phone rather and scrolling through a random social media app. Sleepy circles coated underneath his eyes signaling that he had just woken up and they were have lidded. I ran my hand along his bare stomach again and downwards until I reached the base of his dick then quickly ran it back up to his neck.

Sans glanced at me and watched as I smiled sleepily before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"maybe we should get a pregnancy test." Sans nervously said. I scrunched my nose and waved my hand, "Oh Sans, don't worryyyy about it." I put my leg over his torso and rubbed my bare body closer. He turned his phone off and put his arm around me.

"I won't if you won't." Sans said.

"You say that like I worry a lot." I giggled. Sans looked at me for a moment with a smirk on his face before he stretched, signaling that he wanted to get out of bed. I groaned in frustration and turned back over. Sans got up and I heard the rustle of his clothes.

"how can we know for sure? why don't we get a test at Alphys."

"I think I can buy a pregnancy test, Sans." I said.

"yea, I don't doubt your shopping abilities. but monster babies are different." He explained nervously. I realized he wasn't going to let this go until I saw Alphys so I reluctantly got up as well. I could feel my boyfriend's eyes looking me over as I got dressed.

"Fine. We'll go." I said. Sans gave a relieved smile.

"stay here, I'll tell Pap. then we can go."

"Right now?"

"yes." Sans seemed to be even more nervous than before and it was freaking me out. I gave a slow nod and waited on the bed, using the hair tie around my wrist to put my hair in a messy braid.

I didn't feel any different and how was a human supposed to carry a monster's baby? I did feel nervous when I realized this meant opening up to Alphys about my sexual relationship...

***

Alphys raised an eyebrow at us both.

"A-are you serious?" She asked. Sans nervously rubbed the back of his skull. I just wiggled uncomfortably and gave a shrug.

"Look it was irresponsible but we need to know." I pleaded. Alphys scoffed with a smile.

"Y-you're acting like I-I would turn my best friend away. Stand o-on this." Alphys moved a curtian away  that connected us to another room. Inside she opened one more door to reveal a box-like machine with the front opened.

"M-monster magic can only be d-detected through a special X-ray." Alphys explained. I tilted my head forward and raised my eyebrows so she would continue. "N-no-normal baby scans cannot d-detect the strong aura of m-magic. Not sure why but instead this special X-ray does it. It sho-shows any movement." Alphys placed the screen down that was hitched in the air. She put her claw behind it and her skeleton showed.

"And it's safe?" I asked.

"no Leah. she wants to harm you and also harm the baby." Sans snapped.

I glared at him.

"sorry. nervous." He looked down.

I rolled my eyes but stepped in the box and waited for her to place the screen over my body. It was kind of weird seeing myself as a skeleton- basically like a skeleton monster. However I could tell Sans definitely liked what he saw.

"Hm..." Alphys flicked some switches. Meanwhile Sans' eyes kept looking up and down and his lips were slightly parted. As his girlfriend, I could easily tell what turned him on. It almost made me feel self conscious- as if he would rather me be a skeleton monster like himeself... or a monster at all.

"Th-there." Alphys pushed her glasses up and stood back. I looked down over the screen and watched my stomach area.

Nothing except a small blue speck.

"Uh oh." Alphys covered her muzzle then pressed a button that seemed to screenshot the screen before turning it off and moving it aside.

"So everything is fine? No baby right?" I stepped out and stood by Sans who had his hood up now out of nerves.

Alphys waved her hand in the air a bit before hitting 'copy' and two pieces of paper come out of the machine. "We-well..."

"what." Sans was now on edge.

"Ma-maybe a little.. bit p-pregnant..." She looked closer at the paper. "But if so th-then that makes you the first person to e-ever be impregnated by a m-monster... on record. But also!" Alphys turned to me and seemed worried, "it can mean that this new law or new agenda about monsters not dating humans can be turned around. Ma-maybe." She added.

I just stood there. "Am I pregnant?!"

"I-I do not know!" She looked at me and did that little shiver she does when she gets wrapped up in work. "I-I need to run tests. O-or... figure things out." Alphys sighed.

"how long would that be?" Sans asked.

"P-probably a week? Maybe less, p-pr-probably less. Expect less." Alphys then started grabbing old dusty books. I thanked her but walked out of her house with Sans behind me. I decided to walk the streets a bit instead of teleporting home immediately.

"Sans, if I am pregnant.." I started.

"it'll be fine." He quickly shot back, "look, hon, how about we get home and then relax a bit?"

I thought about it and agreed to relaxing. Papyrus probably would like to hang out for awhile. When we reached home I mentioned to Sans I was going to grab something upstairs.

I decided to wear some sweats and an orange shirt.
My phone rings and I roll my eyes but look at the caller ID before I get up to change into my clothes. I almost dropped my phone from the caller ID. I pressed 'answer' and held the phone to my ear.

"Mom?"