Chapter Twenty-Seven

Undyne blew a raspberry and shrugged then eyed the small note on the table.

"What's this?" She asked. I tried to snatch it but my fingers were still numb and slid right off the piece of paper. She still yanked back and eyed it closely. "That is a LOT of clothes!" Undyne laughed then let the paper fall back on the table. I wrinkeld my nose.

"That's not true. It's e-essential." I sniffed and smiled. She yawned and gave a few waves of her hand, "how long are you planning on staying down here?"

Without thinking, I softly felt the scabbed cut on my face and stared in the distance. "Just for a bit longer. Except..." I shook my head. "I need to get back to my house eventually. And then get another job."

I felt Undyne study me hard before she got up and announced she should get back. "You know Alphys is looking over your house right?"

"And the museum mess." I sighed.

"Come ON, we had that cleaned in no time." Undyne walked to the front door and opened it halfway, letting in the cold air.

"See you Undyne." I nodded

"GOODBYE, UNDYNE!" Papyrus had called from the kitchen. With one last wave, she left. Once again I was left in the living room and felt homesick.
I missed being at the museum. I forced myself to remember fully what happened that night. How I was attacked.

I was being stalked before it happened. Then the window. Then the tracker.

"The camera flashes." I widened my eyes and stared out the window where I had seen it happen. It had definitely been a camera flash. He was still stalking me. My attacker was still out there. And I wasn't safe. I felt a wave of anxiety wash over me and I hadn't even noticed Sans shaking me slightly. He stared right into my eyes with a concerned look.

"are you ok, Leah?" He said softly. I nodded quickly.
It wasn't like I was completely losing my shit on the inside.

"Yeah." I said. He raised his eyebrows and sat beside me, keeping a protective arm over my shoulder.

"you looked like you were miles away." Sans chuckled. I looked up at him and tried to put on a slight smile.

"I think I need to go home soon. Or at least visit the surface." I said. I needed to investigate around my own house and I couldn't if I was down here. Sans tilted his head and raised his eyebrows somehow.

"I have bills to pay and I need a new job. I need to get used to my old life."

"you've barely been here. and your attacker is still out there, Leah." Sans said. I nibbled my lip a bit harder while I thought of the next words I was going to say.

"Yeah but I still can't ignore my everyday life. How about in a week I go back?" I tried to reason. I wondered if it had rained on the surface and washed any footprints near my house.

Sans seemed to be mulling it over then gave a soft smile, "sure. if you promise to be safe." He added. I nodded and kissed his cheek softly. I felt him inhale and exhale deeply as I pulled away.

"You okay?" I gave a sly smile. He gave a shit eating grin.

"better than ever. so... what do ya wanna do tomorrow?" He asked. I thought for a moment then quickly reached over him and grabbed the small note from the table and shoved it in his hand.

"I need you to go shopping with me. Or alone. But these clothes are what I need if you want me to stay here." I smiled brightly but felt a blush creeping up to my face. I knew he was my boyfriend, but it was such a new relationship and I was already telling him I need new underwear and bras.

Sans pulled his arm from around me and held the note out a bit so he could read it over. I watched the small white lights in his eyes move quickly as he read the words. I wondered if his eyes were hollow. What if I poked them?
I wanted to lick near them. What if they had a taste like his tongue? What if-

"did you hear anything I just said?"

I blinked a few times and refocused my eyes on the skeleton who had a small, barely visible,  blush on his cheekbones. I nodded then paused and shook my head.

"heh. well I said, tomorrow we can both go shopping." Sans handed the note to me.

"Really!" I put it back on the table, leaning over. This time I exaggerated my movements and got on my hands and knees, and reached further to lay the note down, my body hovering over Sans' lap. I paused for a moment then leaned back and sat in my original position. I gave a smug look to Sans who definitely had been eyeing my body over as I did that.

"you're trying to get a reaction outta me, huh?" He chuckled. I bit my lip and giggled along.

"Maybeee. Isn't it almost your bedtime, buddy?" I poked his stomach. I still thought his stomach was extremely cool. And I wanted to see it again but felt weird saying "hey can I see your stomach".

Sans snickered and used his hands to block mine so they won't poke again, "I don't have a bedtime."

"Really? Hm?" I fluttered my eyes dramatically.

"I'm an adult."

"And how old are you hm?"

He gave me a blank expression then furrowed his eyebrows as if I was the idiot who didn't know his age.

"you don't know how old I am?"

"How old am I?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

Sans thought for a moment. "25?"

I opened my mouth, "wow am I that old?"

"you're younger?" He widened his eyes and the white pupils started glowing a bit brighter as if he was shocked with his discovery.

I almost said something when Papyrus yelled from his room, "SANS! CAN YOU READ ME MY BEDTIME STORY NOW?!"

Sans sighed but remained smiling when he sat up. "I'll be right back in a bit. he needs his bedtime stories."

"Awe. Such a good big brother." I assumed and smiled widely. Sans chuckled and started up the stairs, not teleporting for whatever reason.

I laid on my homemade bed and decided to get ready to sleep. I decided to get the white shirt I usually wore to sleep and keep the shorts on. I looked in the bathroom and saw a clean white shirt folded on the sink and held it up and smelled it to ensure it was clean.

"The cleaner they use is very nice." I commented.

I tucked one half of the shirt in my shorts and let the other part hang loose. I decided to replace the shirt's placement on the sink with my now folded up dress and sighed happily with the feeling of no bra and the shirt hanging loosely around my body.

I laid on the couch and waited for Sans and debated if I should go slightly further tonight...

_________________________________
Slight lemon chapter? Just a tiny bit?