The Two R's

I'D GIVEN UP ON THIS STORY, BUT THANKS TO YOU elizabeth_sugar I DECIDED TO TAKE A WACK AT IT AGAIN. I'M VERY MUCH HORRIBLE STILL AT CONVEYING WHAT I IMAGINE BUT I HOPE THIS ISN'T TOO BAD. IT'S 2:15AM AND I NEED SLEEP. ENJOY ALL THOSE WHO READ :) VOTE. SHARE. AND FOLLOW ME :)

*****************************************************************************************************

Once a supernatural being gets a taste of a very strong emotion, be it fear, anger, or more importantly, lust, it is extremely hard for them to control themselves. Their emotions intensify like the ferocity of a storm, and trust me you wouldn't want to be caught in that discharge of lightning and rain. 

So when I was invited to sit in a booth, sandwiched between Roger and Raphael, refusing them was a no-brainer. However, the words that left my mouth settled between a simple "yeah" and "please take me over this table, right now!" 

...OK, not really, but I'm sure that's what Raphael heard based on the darkening of his eyes, and the low growl that left his lips.

So there I was almost squished between these two bulky mean ordering a burger with fries and a sprite.

"So what's a blood brother exactly?"

Though knowledgeable in the supernatural I'd never heard of the term "blood brother". It had this darkness to it that reminded me of the murky depths of Crystal Bay. Very unlike its name, the waters there took on a red tint that's colour mirrored that of blood, free of any lifeforms remotely close in colour and nature to the purity of oceanic floods. Or maybe the very bloody look is what gave it it's name, since blood is the essence of all life...

Roger sighed loudly, rubbing his hands across his face in frustration. Both brothers shared a glance and Raphael decided to take the liberty of expounding on the fraternal bond named.

"Well, it's the term used to describe twin brothers born with the characteristics of hybrid parents. Our mother's a human who happened to be mated to a hybrid - werewolf-vampire. Dad calls himself "vampwolf" sometimes, which isn't as cool as he thinks"

Roger chuckled, his eyes glazing over as he recalled a far away memory of his father doing some obscure trick, or maybe even telling him a story. His haze momentarily blinded him, like a wanted fog that created a sense of peace and false hope; an appreciation for an image lost in time and space once the mist clears. A small smile remained on his lips as Raphael continued.

"Anyways, that's a story for another time. Well you see,in the womb we weren't formed as any other hybrids would be. Usually, a hybrid would have an  equal share of each supernatural ability. However, our case was a bit different. Roger got a stronger dosage of the wolf genes which means he must be a part of a pack, since it's embedded in him to contribute and serve his alpha. He can transform into a wolf at will, and doesn't depend on blood for nourishment.

The flip side is, he doesn't get the full effects of having a mate. You'd think as the wolf that wouldn't be the case, but sadly it is. So he'll just know you're his mate or whoever, but to say his wolf is pushing him towards her isn't really true. His wolf is more of a conscience than  a real part of his soul.