Compromise?

There is always that feeling of fright and excitement that surges through your bones when you encounter a new species, for me this was my first time seeing the magny beasts up close.

Personally I believed they only acted high and mighty because they had various supernaturals on their side compared to the all hated mermaids.... Unlucky us I guess.

So briefly, Werewolves were the good guys who protected the humans since the beginning along with Centaurs and other so called mythical creatures, whereas the mermaids a.k.a. the bad guys protected the nymphs and the ocean from being misused and destroyed like the land of earth.

I was completely clueless as to what my fate would be. Although they thought of me as weak because they had restrained me, you'd be surprised as to where mermaids find there source of energy in times of need....

**************************************************************

I hadn't seen Jay or the Alpha for almost a week.

Their intentions were quite unclear because they were dehydrating me ( similar to starvation for humans but much more painful) but were still trying to keep me alive.

I had been visited by several males who tried to subdue me with sexual altercations but to have sex with a mermaid is almost as possible as a centaur having toes, quite rare.

Though I did enjoy their advances in a sick perverted way I guess. I mean seriously,  who could blame me? I was left deprived of the pleasure of protecting the ocean, the comfort of the sea water, and all my friends - now turned werewolf enemies felt betrayed and didn't care for me anymore..

Maybe they still care...

I again was left tied to a steel bed by myself as they went back outside to deliberate their next move.

"Lily..... wake up"

I opened my eyes very slowly to view the face of ....Jay? 

"Jay", I croaked out causing the crack in my lips to open up again and  bleed.

"Why....why? I thought we were friends"

My whispered words seemed to strike a nerve that made tears swell in her eyes.

Plan for gaining sympathy + check

"Sorry...I didn't know...."

She trailed off probably remembering how she betrayed me so easily. I would have been angry but I couldn't have been. If the situation was reversed I would have done the same thing without a second thought to prove her innocence to my people.