Heartbreak and Surprises?

Author's note:

Sorry for the incredibly long wait. Exams are starting so I have like a lot of studying to do  Enjoy ...

Chapter 2

"Lily, come on! The football game is about to start!!"

Before I could finish my sandwich I was being dragged to the field to watch as dozens of fans tried to deafen each other over teenage guys.

I sighed as she placed me next to her and started cheering our team on. I actually liked football games, mostly because it seemed like the humans were trying to kill each other. Back home in the ocean we didn't really play 'games', we just trained and yeah trained. Killing was an expertise even the youngest ones were trained in.

Our training wasn't hardcore metal weaponry, but with our voices. Our lives revolved around perfecting our song, since it was the very figurative gun or ax we used. So the only game we probably had was trying to kill the most humans without singing your entire song.

There was a flipside though ... those who survived the enchanting. ......

"Lily Look!!!!"

There before me was none other than Jacob sucking face with a cheerleader named Britney Sanders.

Now, there were very few persons who could irk me, and cause my dislike of the human race to intensify... Britney Sanders was number one on that list.

She was the typical blonde haired, blue eyed, bitchy, busty human, with the stinkest attitude, that completely muffled her beauty. Every conversation we had usually ended in her threatening me about Roger and Jacob.... the two males who hadn't yet taken the flattery bait, and given her what she wanted... and I assure you the bait was very tempting...

I wasn't shocked, just a bit disappointed. I never thought the day wouold come when he'd explore that pond. But I guess you never truly know a person.

I could see the look on Jay's face, a combination of sadness, hurt and anger.

"Let's go".

Her words were emotionless and she ran out before I could get out of my seat to offer some level of comfort. I looked over at Roger who was about to start running after her but she was long gone.

"She's gone already, doesn't make sense chasing her..."

Among all the noise from stadium Roger seemed to hear my words clearly, and obviously did not agree.

I stared at him for a while, his emotions flickering , but still unreadable until he grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bleachers towards the parking lot.

Jay was in his red truck crying her eyes out. 

This was the one time I'd felt more than pity for a mortal... I didn't want to leave her in that state... that heartbroken mess...

"What should we do?"

I was a bit surprised by the care in Roger's voice. I'd only known him for 2 weeks and he never really showed much emotion. Sometimes I'd see a flicker of something close to affection when he sat quietly taking in our interaction as a group, but I'd never heard the sweet caress of sympathy that laced his voice...