Chapter 11 (The End)

"How many times were you two gonna kiss? I was getting tired of waiting!"

-

Time- it was an illusion for Junkyu. He still felt like it was only days ago that he first met Junghwan on a subway train. How come he already graduated? Also, how come Junghwan was attending college??

He wasn't one to blame though. Aside from their age and institution, nothing really changed. Junkyu still took care of Junghwan as if the latter were still a high school going kid. He used to pick him up whenever their time collided. Who would tell Junkyu was an intern already? Because he found time for his soulmate even amidst the busy schedule of his.

Just like on a Wednesday afternoon, Junkyu's work in the office was done. He packed up his things quickly. Junghwan's college was about to end too. He sent a text message to the younger asking him to wait. Junkyu was gonna pick him up again.

The younger didn't even have to wait long. He was happily talking to his friends and soon after saw Junkyu walking fast. He chuckled on his own. Junkyu didn't like to make him wait.

"Hey!" Junghwan waved. Junkyu smiled once he reached his soulmate. The friends of him, unlike those of his school, greeted Junkyu politely. Junghwan bade them goodbye and took the hand Junkyu extended to him.

Holding hands was their thing after all.

"I miss your old friends." Junkyu said after they took some steps ahead. Junghwan laughed, "Because they always teased me about how handsome you are?"

"Of course not!" Junkyu denied, even though it was the truth. Junghwan just giggled.

"Since we have time today, why don't we go take some detours?" Junghwan proposed. Although Junkyu was a homebody, in hope of being with the younger for a long time, he agreed. They walked aimlessly. Took some coffee from a cafe nearby and just walked. Both of them were tired, but they liked the small talks and intertwined hands as they walked.

The walk took them to the familiar route of Junkyu's old university. Maybe it was just the muscle memory, because most of their happy times were witnessed by the uni and Junghwan's school.

"Kyu, look we're near your uni again." Junghwan pointed at a certain direction. Junkyu smiled a little.

"Brings back good memories." He smiled. Then, an idea popped in his head.

"Maybe Jaehyuk is there? Let's go visit him!" He spoke excitedly. Without even listening to what Junghwan had to say, he called his junior.

"He's there. Will you come with me?" Junkyu asked, after cutting the call.

"Am I not bound to?" Junghwan joked. Junkyu pulled his cheek a little, "Come on! I know you miss him too!"

The younger touched his slightly readded cheek with a smile. True, he wouldn't miss an opportunity to visit the cheerful hyung of his.

Jaehyuk was waiting at the cafeteria. Junkyu knew that, so he took the younger directly there. He even recognized Jaehyuk's head from behind, but there was another one just by his side. And immediately, he knew, whom it belonged to.

"Ah... I think..." Junkyu hesitated. After the shitty incident from years ago, Junghwan never came across Asahi, even though he knew Jaehyuk was courting his ex teacher.

"It's Asahi hyung, right?" Junghwan asked Junkyu, who nodded with hesitation.

"I'm sorry, Jae didn't tell me Asahi would be here."

"It's fine." Junghwan assured. "I don't mind."

"Are you sure?" Junkyu asked.

"Yeah, let's just go talk to them."