Chapter 2

"So you feel the spark once your eyes lock?"

-

Junkyu was as baffled as the boy from the subway train incident. Neither could he look at the honey caramel eyes nor did he have the guts to ask for his name. Since he didn't believe something that weird, like the swirl of emotions in him could actually happen in real life, he planned to flee from it. And his way of doing so was simply rushing home without giving the astonished boy a second look.

Junkyu reached his lonely apartment, took a shower, scrolled through his feed, and apparently 'forgot' what happened that afternoon. He was a uni student, he had stuff to do. He couldn't just let his future down crying over something logically untrue. His parents once wanted him to understand that he was supposed to have a soulmate once he reached 18, but he already built up his own logic against it, so it didn't really work.

Junkyu sat down with his laptop. He had to study a bit for his upcoming finals. For a while he studied uninterrupted. But the website, they tend to lure people in with flashy advertisements! Though anyone barely even clicks into one of those, sometimes they just seem to fit right with what you think. And Junkyu saw something that sparked an interest in him. Normally, he would avoid a certain AD saying 'What's it like to lock eyes with your soulmate?' He convinced himself that it was the imagery, the visual attraction of the perfect graphics but we all know it was because of the 'weird incident'.

Junkyu read the article. His mouth fell open in the middle of it. The description fit exactly with what he felt. No lie, no exaggeration, just straight up facts! He felt like someone went inside his soul, took the thorough description and carefully put them into words. Such similarities might seem uncanny, had the thing itself not existed!

Junkyu closed the tab before even reaching the end. He was breathing fast. He did not just meet his soulmate! Having the mythical companion was not possible! His well decorated logic throughout the entire 22 years of his life cannot be proven wrong after the brief unexplainable incident all of a sudden!

The more Junkyu tried to deny it, the easier it got for him to find out the flaws in the process. If the boy was his soulmate, why didn't he keep feeling the spark throughout the entire ride? Why was the electric feeling momentary? Why didn't he feel the urge to talk to him? Why wasn't he falling for the boy at first sight?

All the thinking made Junkyu doubt again. There is no such thing as soulmates! It was just that the boy had breathtakingly beautiful brown eyes that Junkyu was bewildered by. He wanted to touch them cause they were pretty; we all are attracted to beauty!

Junkyu closed his laptop and laid down on his back. He needed to drink. Within seconds, he stood up, took his wallet and keys and called one of his few companions living nearby, Park Jihoon.

Now Jihoon, elder than Junkyu by some months, knew a lot about the world being the social butterfly he was. He had seen people rejoice after finding a soulmate, he also saw people cry when things didn't go well for that matter. He knew almost everything about it, and Junkyu, for once, felt the need to seek help from him.

"Why'd you call me, Kyu?" Jihoon asked, ordering drinks for both him and Junkyu. Receiving only silence, he continued, "You wouldn't call me if you didn't need anything, so, what is it?"

Junkyu sighed. He always argued with Jihoon regarding the soulmate issue, but there he was, ready to ask about that because what he believed seemed not to be true. It was a hard thing to do.

"Jihoon ah, have you found your soulmate?" He asked eventually.

Jihoon straightened up, raised a brow, even laughed a little, "Whoa! The Kim Junkyu's talking about soulmates now?"