Bigg Boss Over

Pratik

I didn't win.

It took me a while to process the above information. The amount of efforts I put, the amount of love I recieved, the amount of sacrifices I made yet all for nothing and losing it all to Tejasswi not even Karan? This has to be a joke.

It wasn't a joke.

***

"You have been trending for hours now! I think this will go on for the whole night." said Prerna.

"No one is talking about Tejasswi even tho she won. She isn't even trending!" said some else.

"Salman's party is happening for all of us, let's go there!" said another person probably Rajiv.

"I am going home, Pratik enjoy!" Prerna said and was already on her way out.

I was just processing whatever was happening. I had my phone in my hand, I could see the news channels blasting my name, twitter had my name trending, people were trending against Colors too, Rajiv and Akasa were talking about attending Salman's party, media was waiting for me to exit, and I saw Teja leave. I felt overwhelmed. I couldn't say a word properly to either Akasa or Rajiv.

I started typing furiously,
Tu kaha hai?

I sent Nishant a text. I had to see him.

I expected him to not reply quickly but he did and I smiled to myself,

Tujhe kya Pratik enjoy krna tu apna. Its your night.

After all the drama Nishant Bhat immediately texted me back even though he infamously ignored Moose just as soon as OTT was done.
I typed again,

Tu kaha hai?

And the reply was swift,

Salman's party.

"Rajiv why are we waiting chal Salman Khan ki party hai let's go there!" I said to him.

Nishant

Pratik texted me as soon as he got out probably. The first question was about where I was. I replied to him like a normal person. It was really his night. Seeing the way everyone reacted it really felt like he won. He did win so many hearts. No wonder he won hearts, he won mine too so easily.

After the big message his reply was again a repetition of the last question he asked. A certain amount of pressure I felt to answer him exactly what he asked. I wanted to make a smart joke out of it but I failed. I stared my phone screen in silence and tried to ignore the way my stomach churned on reading his texts. I was not expecting any text tonight by him. I told him where I was.

Before he comes I'm going to drink till I can't walk properly. This would be the bare minimum. Tonight, I AM FREE!

Pratik

Nishant told me he drank a lot. I thought he did. However, I didn't expect this. His face changed, his muscles were twitching, he was blinking so much, couldn't walk straight and he kept blabbering random shit. Altho' there was one thing that made me happy, he kept hovering around in the party but whenever he felt dizzy he seeked me out, called my name or started looking for me.

Pretty adorable for a man who said he won't see my face after BB. I stayed close to him because he could fall anytime but there wasn't much to do so I chatted with Akasa, Rajiv and Rakhi. I was told how Akasa supported me outside. Well, that was refreshing to hear unlike what I heard about Neha, her tweeting against me even putting allegations on me was disturbing enough for me.

"I'll drive you back! Tum wapis kaise jaaogey?" Akasa said and I looked over at Nishant. He was in no condition to drop anyone anywhere.
"Ghaatiya Nishant ko ghar chhorne jaa rha hai na?"

"Yeah, I told him." Rajiv said then I was relieved.

"Okay, Akasa hum sath hi jate hai phir."
I told her.

After a while it was late, Nishant called out my name. People were getting ready to leave now, he was somewhere where he could barely be seen. Before I could reach him I could see Rajiv was helping him and he was resisting him. I reached them finally, his eyes were shut, he was struggling with Rajiv. I took over and although Nishant didn't open his eyes, he immediately recognized my hands on his body. He relaxed into the touch and didn't resist when I hauled him to his feet. "Pratik," He breathed in, He buried his face in my my neck, his hands clutching weakly at my back.

"Can you walk?" I asked.
He thought for a moment then nodded.
"mereko girne mat dio." he said.

"Promise." I said after a moment, putting his arm around my shoulders. "Rajiv car ready rakh, Main usse part kar jauga car k paas, media mere peeche padh jayegi, main Akasa k sath jaarha hu enough gossip for them. Nishant k paas agar phir bhi koi aya don't let him talk." I said and Rajiv nodded in agreement and left to get his car. Akasa was on the phone. Now only him and I were standing together.

"Tu Akasa ke sath jaa raha hai?" Suddenly the question came out of nowhere and it was like he was back to his senses, almost.

"Hmm, tere sath toh jaa nahi sakta. Aaj nahi but I promise next time-" before I could finish he mumbled, "I want to be with you." wrapping his arms around my neck.

My arm around him tightened instinctively, "You are drunk meri jaan." I said and Nishant shivered, burying his face tighter against my neck. "Jab tak batayega nahi main jaane nahi dunga."

"Then don't, never let me go." I didn't say it but it's what popped in my head. He had no idea what he was drunkedly rambling about. I wanted to reassure him though that I would see him soon, "Sabse first text tujhe kia na maine? I will see you first as soon as you are okay."

Nishant made a protesting noise, his hand clutching at my shirt. "Don't go," he mumbled, his eyes still closed, his other hand sneaking up at my neck and pulling me down.

"My god, Isko bohat regret hoga subah uthke." Akasa said and Nishant looked at her for a brief moment then he started kissing my jaw, "Let her see." he slurred out. "Let her see, then." I whispered. Akasa was amused, she picked up her phone which started ringing. The cars were ready. I knew Nishant could walk. "You have to go home." I said gently patting his back but making no actual effort to pull away and putting up with his sloppy kisses all over my jaw and neck. If only Nishant didn't get this drunk, I would leave with him not Akasa.

"Nishant, I promise I will see you." I said.
"Pehle mujhe jawab de vrna I can't let you go, not today, maybe not ever..." he said visibly trying hard to not slur.

Don't.

"Question puch tabhi toh jawab duga." I demanded the question he so desperately wanted the answer of.

"I don't know how to live without you Pratik, teach me a way to live without you before you go." He said it with utmost seriousness. I had to look away but when I looked back, his gaze was transfixed. I wasn't sure if he was enchanted or was he enchanting me? I clenched my jaw trying to deal with whatever he was saying. To him it was just random ramblings but to me it was everything. He was saying everything I would have wanted to say to him but given the circumstances I can neither believe his words to be serious nor can I stay with him. My family was waiting for me, Akasa was waiting to take me home, Rajiv was waiting to get him home...

"Wait for me, I will come. I swear." I said gently kissing his cheek and then he let me go after a few lingering moments. We parted ways, Akasa was amused and I was sure she had questions but she was busy with getting us out of the crowd. The media was chanting my name and so was the world according to them. I saw how silent the media was when Teja left the set and here past midnight they are screaming, pushing to get my attention, my statement, my picture. This was all too surreal. I didn't feel like I lost at all. Not anymore.

"I didn't know you two were that close." Akasa said smiling. We were away from the cameras finally.

"Drunk hai sala, pagal hogya." It was the truth.

"Alcohol makes you say the truth, there is gotta be something from his side chontu man." She said and I looked away.

I hope whatever he feels is enough for us to survive.

Happy Valentine's Day readers!!!!!