The Talk

Pratik

Whatever Nishant was thinking I was not. Whatever clues I was dropping at him he was interpreting it all wrong. At this point I f**king doubt if he is a bisexual man because I am so done with him. Shouldn't he drop hints at me? Hello, I am the straight and confused guy when did this classic straight-to-gay story turn on me??? Sure, I am confused but not because I am having a gay-freak out but because the bisexual guy I am into is acting like he is freaking straight! Or maybe he isn't in love with me? I find that hard to believe but still the lingering doubt kills me everyday.

Why would I freak out tho'? I have kissed guys before. I have experimented enough. It never felt as good as women. I met Moose and she explained how she was bisexual but preferred men. I considered that when Nishant came into my life but that couldn't be true because I just didn't feel with guys what I felt with Nishant mostly because I realized I am in love with Nishant. Love feels different. It is beyond sexuality, isn't it? However, I am having an internal monologue about my sexuality and my love for Nishant and there is my man who can't stop falling over onto Puneet for even one minute. I clearly told him that we needed to talk but he clearly doesn't care. I also noticed how Nishant had a habit of getting off balance while laughing and falling over on others to keep his balance. I suggested an after party out of spontaneity when my blood boiled to see Nishant give all his attention to Puneet not me. Sure, we talked and laughed but suddenly him and Puneet just couldn't get enough of each other. Who the f*ck is Puneet anyway? I stabbed the fork a little too aggressively on my fries and I kept stabbing it without actually eating any of it.

"Yeh kya fries ka bharta bann raha hai?" Nikki turned smiling widely.

"Haan khaaogey aap?" I smiled back at her.

It was fake but I bet she didn't know.

"Nahi!" Nikki turned laughing as I tried to feed her some.

Nishant kept giving us side-stares but he made sure he didn't look too long. Sadly for him I wasn't looking at anyone else but him so I obviously caught him everytime.

Nishant

Welcome to Nishant Bhat's guide to avoid a messy situation.

Step 1: Ignore your best friend (actually your love interest) who just told you about a serious discussion he wants to have with you. If he can't catch a moment to talk then he can never actually talk about it, right? Haha I know I am super smart.

Step 2: Tell your best friend (Actually your friend) about your situation and keep a stupid conversation going with him so that you stay busy all the time with him.

Step 3: Don't look at your best friend (Your love interest) flirting with the girl who told on national t.v that she has a crush on him.

Yep, I failed at step no. 3

I miserably failed.

Not only did Pratik caught me stealing glances but he gave me a wide smirk. He kissed Nikki's left cheek. I stood up after slamming my hand on the table. Now he stood up. Everyone was confused and Puneet was the only one who knew what was up so he stood up too, "I THINK MY-MY WIFE IS SUPER ANGRY WITH ME AND AND NISHU IS THE REASON!" He said. Everyone was still staring utterly confused.
I had to play along, "Haan kyunki woh party kar rha hai yaha pe usko chhorke! Its still late I'll drop you Puneet!"

"No, f*ck that!" Pratik spoke up out of nowhere. Everyone was staring us.

"Main k-k-khud chala jauga!" Puneet said clearly cursing under his breath giving me death stares.

"Arey kyu maine party achanak se suggest ki, I'll drop you!" Pratik was suddenly smiling and everyone eased up with him. "haan late toh hogya hai, I have to leave now too!" Nikki said clearly wanting to be dropped by Pratik.

That b*tch.

"Nahi Pratik tu mat drop kar!" Puneet stepped back. Why is he so intimidated by Pratik? I thought they bonded well during shooting.

"Koi ni mujhe kardo drop!" Nikki turned to Pratik.

"Give me one good reason Pathak?" Pratik said with a scary smirk moving towards him but before he could take another step Puneet said, "Because my wife thinks I am gay and if I come back home late with a guy then questions will be raised. Chalo toh not Nishu, not Pratik, no one drops me! I'm leaving NOW!"

Wow.

Bharti and Harsh kept laughing, even Nikki who was getting ignored laughed but stopped him, "Stop, no one is listening to me!"

"Main sath chalta hu? Let's go together?" Puneet offered and Bharti got up now, "Acha biwi ko ladkio se problem nahi hai bas ladko se hai?" Harsh joined in, "Yeh sab drame hai!" Nikki rolled her eyes and said, "Pratik tum kiske sath jaa rhe ho?"
"I have a date." Pratik said nonchalantly and I turned immediately to look at him. He didn't look at me even once. They kept talking and ended up all going separately. Pratik said he had to take a call so bid them all goodbye and I stayed back waiting for him. He didn't let me say goodbye to him so I had to wait.

He walked out to his car, I followed him.
He got in his car. I leaned in to bid him a good-bye finally but he said, "Agar tu abhi isi wakt meri car mein nahi baitha toh, I promise will never call you again."

That was an exaggeration. He can't f*ck with me with those words but because I pissed him off throughout the evening so I just obeyed him. He looked murderous, probably the reason why Puneet was so scared of him and Nikki didn't bother asking him again to drop her off again. Boom, he sped the car away. I was a little worried about "the talk" which was driving him so insane that not having "the talk" with me made him behave like this. I didn't know I had the power to make him behave like this, I thought I could never evoke such expression from him. I didn't say a word or ask him where was he taking us. This road wasn't leading to either of our places. He stopped the car near a park where there was no one. It was late and I knew this spot, one wouldn't spot many people at this place even in the morning. He got out, slammed the door, I flinched feeling a little more worried than I already was and before I could open my door, he opened it for me.

I got out without protest.

He began pacing around me. I followed his movements with my eyes, while fighting the inner turmoil that swamped my heart. He lit a cigarette, drawing deeply, he let out smoke in a great, forced billow, then, as if having made up his mind, he threw his barely smoked cigarette out in the dark and spoke for the first time, "I didn't want to talk to you like this..." He didn't look at me, he stared the ground then the empty road but his eyes never met mine.

"I'm sorry." I drove him to the edge. I was so scared... I am so scared even now...

"For what?" He said shutting his eyes and putting his hands inside his pockets. His voice was softer but huskier.

"For making you feel so miserable I-" before I could complete he said, "This is nothing I was worse when I didn't see you all this time." He leaned against the passenger door of the car.

"Really?" I had to ask him again because that's how I felt too. I couldn't believe I had such an effect on him.

"Do I ever lie to you?" He said looking at me briefly then looking up at the sky, he was looking tired all of a sudden.

"I don't know-" he interrupted me again before I could say more he said, "The real question should be, can I ever lie to you? Am I capable? Sometimes I wish I didn't love you as much as I do."

Listening him say those words I froze. God if I loved him any less I could just run to him and tell him how I felt, how I felt what he felt twice as stronger than him because I loved him in a way in which he could never.

"You know I love you." I said standing exactly where I stood.

"Its not enough." He said looking at me just as intensely as he did when I caught him staring me and Puneet.

"What the f*ck does that mean?" I asked. What more can he want?

Then I saw him walk towards me, even though it happened in a flash but I starkly remember the details. He walked up to me and closed the distance between our lips, it was the softest kiss, and the shortest kiss. He held my face, I could feel his eyes on me but I couldn't look back at him.

What the f*ck was he saying or doing? This was the talk?

What just happened!

(DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!! ✨💫)