Finale Season 1

Nishant

I never gave up hope, I knew you would come. I always thought feelings pass, people who were once important become vestiges of good times but there is that one thing which remains constant: Family. None of my chosen family ever came close to becoming what it truly meant to be family... until him. Even if this relationship fails romantically, I still won't lose him.

""Kya kar raha hai pagal? Tujhe issey achi company nahi mili?" Pratik's voice, a mix of emotions radiate in his voice always and today was no different. I always search his eyes when he talks because even his voice can be deceptive, his eyes never lie. No wonder he liked quoting Scarface so much. Without a second thought I turned to jump at him quiet literally, "Who cares about her? Tu aagya!" I felt at peace finally even though I didn't know our future yet again. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, breathing in the scent of his skin. It was soothing in more ways than one. "Acha you don't care about her but you care about me? Let me see you properly." He said and I refused to let go. "Aren't you worried about us?" Pratik asked, his tone again deceptive, impossible to decode. "You can't lose family." I managed to say it and he exhaled as if he had been holding his breath all this time. I felt his lips pressed on my shoulder through the very shirt he chose for me. I still refused to stop hugging him.

"Tere darr par sanam hum chale aaye, tu na aaya toh sanam hum chale aaye." Pratik hummed as I refused to let go and face him, normally I would have cracked a joke for being so cheesy but how do I describe the dark atmosphere of the club and the only lights which illuminated anything were the dimmest neon lights, music blasting but his humming a random old song right now, right here was the most astonishingly beautiful thing to me.

I pushed him away a little then pulled him back to me because I am dramatic, "Wait a second, what do you mean tu na aya toh hum chale aaye? Oye you didn't want to see me so I respected that waited for you aur tu-" before I could finish my rant he pulled me towards him and his fingers tugged at the collar of my shirt, his lips dangerously close to mine, he wanted to kiss me but he was cautious.

F*ck it.

I kiss him and he kisses me back deepening the kiss. I run my hand around the back of his neck and he tugged at the collar of his shirt, bringing me closer to him. I hear Rajeev scream, "Pride bit*hes!" and we break the kiss together to actually look around us. A few people raised their glasses at us, some people didn't even notice, Karan was dumbfounded for sure. "Expected more drama, didn't you?" Pratik breathed against my ear and bit the edge of it just a little too hard, but that nip drew one, smaller shudder from me. We clung to each other, neither of us speaking as our breathing slowed. Finally, looking into each other's eyes. Pratik probably never cared to even look around.

"Fears are nothing more than a state of mind." I smiled at him. "We will be okay." I sighed.

"Yes, I have been under the impression ki tujhe zyada experience hai toh everything will be easier for you but I get it now, hum dono ek dusre ke liye bohat important hai toh you being extra cautious and extra dramatic with me. I promise to take things slow babe, I swear. I am absolutely not ready to let us go." His arms around my waist, holding me gently, both of us were relaxed.

"I told Prerna about us." He said with a little hesitation, he started straightening my shirt up.

"This is huge, kya boli woh?" I crossed my fingers.

"She is supportive, we should wait a little for our parents to know though but at least other people close to us should know. We are too jealous and too unstable right now to keep this super low-key." He said as his smile returned.

"Agreed." I rolled my eyes. I was relieved. 

"Oh my god guys! Who knew!" Teja said as she approached us both. Karan still said nothing and tried smiling. Huh? This was weird he knew I am bisexual so why was he in such deep thought about this.

"I knew." Simba said and Puneet joined him, "Me too!"

"What da hell guys mujhe kon batyega!" Teja whined and I knew Pratik was itching to say something and he did, "You are not that important!" Teja rolled her eyes, "How mean!"

"The real question is when is he nice to her?" Oh god, I said it out loud.

"Pratik is making you mean too Nishu!" Teja said.

"Oye mere Boyfriend ko kuch mat bolo" he grabbed my face, started kissing my cheeks. I slapped him away, "Get lost."

"Idhar aa!" Karan hugged Pratik and started dragging him away from the group. "Arey mujhe mere boyfriend ke sath rukne do, abhi toh aya hu." Pratik said dramatically holding on to me.
"Karan what are you doing! Huh!" Teja whined. "When are we opening the gifts guys?" Rajeev said and it was suspicious how he was not asking me explicit details. "Mera gift kaha hai saale?" I turned to Pratik as I got reminded of gifts. "Sabke saamne babe?" Pratik winked, I blushed and couldn't say anything else. Puneet gulped his drink down, "Too much information, take me away from the couples oh lord!" Simba intervened, "Aapki wife aapko bohat der se dhund rhi hai, she doesn't look very pleased."

"Bye guys!" Karan managed to take Pratik away after he whispered something in his ear. What is actually going on with Beera?

"Finally Pratik and Puneet have left us, time for the tea. Spill honey!" Rajeev said.

There he is. Now he is behaving like himself.

[[ This marks the end of season 1 of No Straight Roads. I have some ideas for season 2 or maybe ending this here and starting another story. Season 2 could have another couple in the mix, Pratik and Nishant as boyfriends in KKK for Contestants and as friends for the fandom. I surely will first finish the horror story I started writing before I start another project so try giving that a read too! It is called, Eyes Can Lie you can find it on my profile, it is a short story.]]