Crush

Nishant

"I almost went out of the competition in the very week, kitni stupid baat hai, main kaha jaake kudu!" I paced in the room while Pratik rolled his eyes trying not to care about it. He kept incessantly tapping his foot, staring the ground with his half face resting on his hands which covered his mouth.

"Nahi gaya na chill kar. They wouldn't do that in the first week." Pratik said without looking up. I paced towards him, stomped my foot over his foot.

"What-" He looked up at me with annoyance.

"Nahi gaya na chill kar." I mimicked him to annoy him further.

"First week hai Nish, if we let ourselves dwell on this then aggey kaise badhege. We are survivors, mujhse bhi zyada tu, mereko toh pata tha impossible hai ki tu chala jaye woh bhi mere se pehle." Pratik said holding my hand. I entwined our fingers together, "Yeh kya bakwas hui ki tu pehle jayega mere se?"

"I got the gist of whatever is happening here, I am definitely going home before you." Pratik said and I could sense he was holding something in the back of his mind.

Before I could probe him further there was a loud bang on the door. This has to be Rajeev! "Kholde woh karta rhega annoy." Pratik said knowing I was considering to ignore the knock. It is quite shocking to be honest that there was just one loud thud on the door. I opened the door with zero enthusiasm.

"Oh Nishant! Uh--uhm, Pratik hai?" It was Tushar who was a little shocked to see me in Pratik's room but quickly recovered himself. I mean what was he expecting? When am I ever my own room?

"Haan kya hua?" I was standing and speaking for Pratik, obstructing his path... What am I even doing?

"Uska phone I found lying around, maybe he forgot toh main dene aagya." He said while fidgeting with the phone in his hands. Awe, sweet of him to come himself and return it.

I quickly opened the door so he could enter, "Oh, no you could just give it to him--" he said but I already opened the door and Pratik saw him. "Hey, Tushar! What's up?" He tried to sound as cheerful as he could. I realized Pratik had no shirt on, when did this boy get half naked again?

"Ah tera phone reh gaya tha main aya-uh-main... Whatever just take it, I'll leave you two, clearly I'm interrupting."

What's up with Tushar? Is he feeling out of place with me being here as Pratik's boyfriend? He must be feeling like an intruder! Tushar had always been respectful about his boundaries with people, he might be friends with me but he is just getting to know Pratik. One thing he will know very soon, Pratik looks like an introvert but he can easily talk to anyone, he can easily make you sit and tell your whole life story to him.

This is exactly what happened.

Tushar

I debated about going to Pratik's room to return his phone. I obviously found his phone lying around before anyone else because I keep tracks on him. It sounds so bad in my head already but what can a man do? I admire him so much but I am kind of intimidated to talk to him even though he himself talks to me occasionally which I feel he purely does because I am friends with his boyfriend. He is also very touchy, he would squeeze my arm, pat my back, punch my gut while talking which is super normal between guys but I am super ga--shy, introverted, I also believe he is introverted like me... But he is a different kind of a breed amongst introverts because he talks to every freaking person, he even talks to stunt experts and set workers.

When I was going to his room, I pictured different possibilities. Maybe we would finally bond with each other and have some real talk, maybe I could comfort him since he looked down today... Maybe I will find his boyfriend open the door for me. No, the last one was not what I was expected and it was stupid not to expect it. I almost forgot my old friend Nishant is his boyfriend who almost got eliminated from the show which is the real reason why Pratik looked so down.

No shit, Sherlock! Leave them alone right now.

Plot twist: I couldn't leave.

Pratik held my hand after taking the phone from me. "Thanks bro, baith jaa, you must be feeling bad about Nishant almost leaving too, sit with us."

Brain stopped functioning, I sat down immediately as if it was command I couldn't say no to.

Nishant started talking about something but I wasn't even listening. I was looking at Pratik who wasn't looking at Nishant right now but staring the ground. This isn't just about Nishant, is it?

"Pratik, you alright?" I kept my hand on his back, immediately realized what I did so I panicked and tried removing it from his naked back but he held my hand and nodded. Now, can I kiss his hand? NO, YOU CAN'T HIS BOYFRIEND IS IN THE ROOM TUSHAR! Brain, please keep working. I cried to myself in my head.

My brain screamed "SHIRTLESS! NAKED! HOT?" Hot? He is hot. This exact moment I realized I have a crush on this man, I can't f*cking deny it anymore.

"I think they won't let me win the show. Someone from Colors will win it, I said what I said, I didn't want to offend anyone in the room, please personally mat lena, it is not any contestants fault." Pratik said and I immediately responded, "I actually agree with you."

"Nahi but unke chahne se kya hoga? Jeetega vhi jo stunts kar payega, Pratik tu karna apna best, they can support who they want to!" Nishant jumped up to say this. He gave me an annoyed look. I agreed with Nishant, "Yeah, this is also true just focus on your stunts man."

Pratik nodded and then he smiled at me.

I kept a straight face but my brain had a party of its own. What does this mean for my sexuality? I think I am having a crisis inside my head but I can't leave them suddenly so I just have to endure this madness while Pratik is half naked in the room with his boyfriend who is my great friend.

Pratik

Tushar was awfully nice. One of the better friends Nishant ever introduced me to. He even came up to return my phone which I forgot because I was so f*cking lost in my thoughts. He agreed with me even though he could get mad at me for pointing out favourism via the channel which he himself is getting according to my comment. Sweet guy he is, I should actually try to be friends with him and quit being nice to him for just Nishant's sake. Altho' I feel Nishant would be so taken aback when I would leave the show before he does, it is gonna happen, I know it. Good thing, Tushar is here as his support system when I leave. Tushar looked tense even though he had his classic poker face on, I can sense body language very well. I hope he doesn't feel this way around us next time.