Kabanata 41

Kabanata 41

Suffered

UNABLE to move and could not even utter a single word, he was holding me tightly under him, against the soft mattress of the bed.

I avoided his intense gaze, drop my look down and just stared at his bare tidy chest.

"Not again, Calista," he groaned because of my sudden reaction. Tahimik at hindi nagsasalita. "Tumingin ka sa'kin," utos niya.

I did not. I could not look into his dark punishing eyes. It was suffocating me, choking me to death, murdering me inside.

How ridiculous were the circumstances unexpectedly fell apart. No one could ever help me with this pain but myself. I just had enough of this, but now I realized that the more I ran from it, the more it got worse and worse.

After all of it, I did not regret everything that I did because if I didn't ran away from this problem. Probably, my baby Praise would not survive.

Umalis siya mula sa pagkakadagan sa akin at umupo sa kama. He inclined his bare back against the headrest of the bed and gently pulled me to sit beside him.

I sat next to him and he did an immediate movement with his strong arms as he pulled the small of my back to get me closer to him. The close proximity of our body tended to feel me something more powerful, unbeatable and unstoppable.

Hinilig ko ang gilid ng mukha ko sa kaniyang malapad at matigas na dibdib nang naramdaman ko ang paghigpit ng pagkakapulupot ng kaniyang braso sa baywang ko. He rested his strong chin upon the top of my head, calm and relax.

Then I felt him kissed my head, sweet and gentle.

"Four months after you left me, sinubukan kong bumangon. I've talked to my dad and had a negotiation with him," he started, sounded honest and sincere. Pero mas naririnig ko ang pagiging matapang ng boses niya. "He told me to marry Francesca in paper, no wedding ceremony and give her a second chance. In exchange of seeing you giving birth to our daughter."

Ramdam ko ang pagtutol sa boses niya. Ayaw niyang pakasalan si Francesca. Ayaw na ayaw niya.

I rubbed my hand against his hard bare chest when I felt it moved up and down against my head. He was suffering from the extreme emotion, same as me.

He pressed his lips longer on my head, it lingered there and his other hand was on my head too, pressing me against his chest. Naramdaman ko ang kaniyang malaking kamay sa ulo ko na parang bahagyang nanginginig.

"I did, I gave her a chance. We got married six months after you left, and you were seven months pregnant that time. I did what my father ordered me. He told me to try to love her again but it was just so hard. . ." I heard his moderate voice and it was also hard for him to explain this to me, knowing that I would leave anytime I wanted. "I can't love her."

Hinayaan ko siyang magsalita at magpaliwanag habang ramdam ko ang paulit-ulit na paghalik niya sa aking ulo.

His muscular arms were around the small of my back, so tight and secured.

"I was there in the hospital when you gave birth to our baby. Ilang oras lang kitang nahawakan bago ka nagising kaya umalis na ako." His voice was serious yet stern. I could hear the sudden happiness in it. Telling me how he witnessed everything that he was craving to see. Narinig ko ang marahan at malalim niyang pagtawa na parang inaalala ang lahat bago nagsalita. "I told our son to keep it a secret but before I left the hospital, I taught him how to use your phone to have a video call with me everytime you're not around, and delete the app after. Para walang ebidenysa."