Chapter 8: Alex

"Techno, we are in trouble," was the first thing Philza said when he sat at the table in the Syndicate's base. "Quackity thinks we stole some super valuable sword he owned or something. And if Dream finds out about this-"

"Me and Dream have a deal," Techno reassured him. "Even if Quackity went to him and wanted him to hunt us down, he'd send him away."

"He- He isn't the one to trust when it comes to deals," Ranboo muttered under his breath. "Dream can and will stab us in the back when he gets the chance."

"He's right," Connor added. "He ran away and left Ranboo to die."

"Fine," Techno said. "We won't let Dream find out about Quackity's suspicions."

"Even if that means killing Quackity?" Nihachu asked, almost completely sure that she knew the answer.

"Exactly," Techno confirmed, grinning.

|...|

"Let me  in."

"What?"

"I said," the seven foot tall person with cat ears and tail repeated, this time sounding far more annoyed. "Let me the fuck in!"

"Language!" shouted someone, a demon in a black hoodie with red strips. "How did you even get here, anyway?"
"You are asking the person almost as old as time, BBH," the cat replied, shaking her head. "Now let me in. I want to talk with Dream. Or should I let myself in?"

"Alright, I'll go and get Dream. You stay here and don't move or you're dead, got it?!"

|...|

Ace, Mumbo and Grian all turned around as one and looked at the person who spoke and who, according to his words, let the mobs in. The man in armor identical to the one Wels wore smiled and raised his hand, a beam of energy forming and flying at the group.

Mumbo and Ace reacted the same, creating a barrier between them and the attacker. Ace's one was the first to take the blow and, after a moment, fell into pieces. But the shot was already slowed down enough, so it disappeared before it could reach the second line of defenses.

"You're a reflection," Ace said. "I remember you."

"Yes," the man confirmed. "You once helped Wels get away from me. And I didn't forget."

"Neither did I forget you, Helsknight," Ace answered and reached for his daggers, ready for a fight.
"Up for a challenge, Watcher?" Helsknight asked, pulling out his own sword and getting into a fighting stance.

"G, guard the entrance. I'll just finish something," Ace said and smiled at Grian and Mumbo. Then he turned back, facing his enemy again. "You're not walking away from this!"
"How funny. I just wanted to say the same thing to you." With that, Welsknight dashed towards Ace.

|...|

"Who are you?" Dream asked, curiously watching the humanoid cat in front of his throne. Not only she managed to find his lair, she went straight to here like the place belonged to her.

She has to be some sort of demon royalty, he thought. Those fuckers always act like this.

"I'm Alex," she introduced herself and bowed lightly. Dream couldn't help but notice how one of her eyes lit up for a brief moment, then dimmed again. Now he was certain he was dealing with a demon. "And I am pretty sure you sent an invitation to me. You wanted me to do something for you."

"I didn't expect you to find... this," Dream admitted. "But I think that says a lot about your abilities."
"I'll take that as a compliment," Alex mumbled, smiling lightly. "Now, what is your job offer? And what is my reward?"