About Yesterday..

Ash's POV
When I woke up the following day, my head was pounding and I felt sick to my stomach. I slowly opened my eyes, closing them again instantly since the sunlight burned like hell. I let out a groan and pulled the covers up over my head to block out the light.

"Ash, sweetie, I have some painkillers for you." I suddenly heard Chloe say, as my mattress dipped, indicating that she sat down beside me.

"Not so loud." I mumbled, my head pounding, as I pushed the covers down enough for my eyes to show. Slowly I opened my eyes, letting them get used to the light. Chloe just sat there with a soft smile, as she reached up her hand and brushed some hair out of my face.

"Can you sit up for me, please?" the redhead asked softly and I did as told. She handed me the medicine, as well as a glass of water. After taking the pills, memories from the previous night flashed through my head. "You okay, sweetie?" Chloe asked, making me look at her.

"Is Aubrey mad at me?" I asked quietly, causing the redhead to frown in confusion.

"What do you mean? Why would she be mad?" She asked, confused.

"Because of last night.." I mumbled, feeling incredibly guilty.

"No, of course not. Bree was just concerned and wanted to make sure you were okay. She was never mad at you." Chloe replied and gave me a soft smile.

"But she looked mad... and disappointed.." I mumbled once again, shifting my gaze down to my hands that were resting in my lap.

"Sweetheart, listen to me," the redhead said, making me look back up at her. "Aubrey is not mad or disappointed in you.. She's protective.."

"Why would she be protective of me..?" I asked, confused.

"That's hard to explain.. There's just certain people who Bree feels the need to protect, and you just happen to be one of them. And that's a good thing.. not many people mean that much to her.. to us.." Chloe mumbled the last part, but I still heard every word. "Anyways, I'll let you get some rest. Let me know if you need anything." she quickly said and got up, sending me a soft smile before leaving the room.

-

I woke up a few hours later and luckily I felt a little better. The sun was not shining as brightly as it did before, in fact it was actually about to set. I slowly got out of bed and put on a hoodie, before making my way downstairs. It was very quiet, probably because most of the girls were hungover like myself, and had stayed in bed. Emily, Flo and Stacie were in the living room, watching a movie on very low volume, which was completely understandable, and much appreciated

I dragged my feet into the kitchen, where the three co-captains were. Aubrey stood by the stove, cooking up some very delicious-smelling food. Beca and Chloe sat by the kitchen island, doing their own things. Bec sat with her headphones on, probably working on a mix or the setlist. Chloe had a pen in hand and a paper in front of her, maybe some schoolwork or whatever.

"Hey sweetie, how do you feel?" Chloe asked with a soft smile, when she looked up, making Aubrey turn around. The blonde gave me a soft smile as well, just as Beca looked up from her laptop.

"A little better. Thank you for the painkillers." I said and gave Chloe a grateful smile, as the brunette took off her headphones.

"Anytime." The redhead replied and smiled softly in return.

"Are you hungry? I made some chicken noodle soup." Aubrey spoke softly and came over to me. I looked down at the slightly shorter blonde and gave her a shy nod. "Babe listen, about yesterday.. I'm not mad at you.. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I didn't mean to look or sound mad or disappointed, and I'm sorry if I did." Bree said with a soft smile and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her neck, while hers went around my waist. She rubbed small circles on my back, which was oddly comforting.

When we pulled apart, the caring look in her eyes made my heart race. I don't know why I felt like this around her.. around them. I shouldn't think about them like that.. it's wrong, and they would hate me if they knew.

I awkwardly cleared my throat and shifted my gaze away from the beautiful blonde, fixing my eyes on everything but the three of them. I really needed to get my shit together..

——————————————
A/N: Thanks for reading.
Hope y'all enjoyed.
Have a good one.