۵Chapter 8-Death۵

Dream blinked a few times, letting his eyes adjust to the sun spilling through the window. One arm wrapped around Sapnap and his fingers interlaced with George's. His other arm was serving as a pillow for Sapnap. Both of the others lay still asleep. He wasn't able to see Sapnap's face but he could tell George had dried tears on his face. Both seemed to be locked deeply into their sleep. Dream turns to face the door as the handle turns.

"Here's your guy's breakfast." She brought 2 plates to the bed. "Sapnap probably wont wake up till later."

Dream took both plates and sat them on the nightstand nearest to him.

"Has he not been up?" She looked at George.

"No, not yet."

"He's usually a morning person. Well more so that he doesn't like sleeping because of the nightmares." She took another look at George and saw the dried tears. She smiled slightly "I hope you haven't read every book in here."

"Why?"

"Cause you're gonna get bored if you did."

"I'm confused."

"I don't know who taught him or where he picked it up from but he apparently knows how to transfer nightmares."

"How do you know?"

"He's tense like he used to be when he slept. He shouldn't be with you both here especially. He's been crying, not to mention he's kinda cold. Sapnap looks better, George looks a bit worse than Sapnap currently. I wouldn't be surprised if he took most of the nightmare for him."

"Would he? He didn't seem too fond of Sapnap after he nearly stabbed him, I mean I don't blame him honestly."

"He was born here and grew up here. He's had multiple of these nightmares. Especially when he was little. The hallucinations sometimes try to lead people to knock themselves out. You stop being afraid of the unknown but instead being afraid of the known. He knows how bad it is and he knows it's something you don't want even those you hate to go through."

Dream looked down at the two sleeping near him. The blankets still held leftover warmth from the hand warmers and fresh heat from the heating pads that were still plugged in. He wanted to turn to grab a book off the nearby shelf or look out the window even but both had him trapped. He decided against trying to listen to the birds outside, not knowing if they are actually birds. The two looked at least slightly peaceful. Even if they weren't but were actually just unable to move. He didn't want to move even the slightest amount, because perhaps it helped calm them at least a little. It was a possibility so he'd rather guess they were somewhat more peaceful because it would be worse to assume it didn't help. He laid still letting his mind make up stories while his arm went numb. He brushed several strands of hair from both George and Sapnap's faces. He wished there was something more he could do. Perhaps once George was awake he could teach him to take some of the nightmares like he did. It may even make it so they aren't asleep as long. He hadn't realized how long he had zoned out until someone knocked on the bedroom door. He looked towards it "Come in."

"Is he okay?" A mud-covered Wilbur asked.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just ran a lot yesterday, we all did. Ended up falling asleep on the ground and it just so happened to rain."

"Why haven't you taken a shower yet?"

"Not my turn yet."

"Oh, that sucks."

"I know. Everyone's taking forever to shower as well. But you didn't answer, how's he?"

"Oh, he's good, I think."